*server Is Up & Stable(?)* Serial Crashing

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Just letting everyone know, it has been noticed. And it's being looked at. Most likely cause is an attack of some kind, will keep you updated once we know more. I've been collecting logs for analysing purposes for a while now.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Pardon the down time, there has been a lot of corrupted character files in the vault, and I went through, hopefully cleaning them all up. We're also disabling making new characters temporarily to see if we can get it to stop and gradually loosen up toward the future.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

also server is up, by the way. :P For now anyway.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

So far so good! If you do see server crashing when someone logs in, especially if server appears to crash when you log in, or if you see other anomalies, let me know! Definitely if you see that server crashes each time you try to log in with specific character, try not doing that!

I also made it a log in message that new characters are disabled temporarily.
*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

Just a heads up that while we did have one crash today it is not associated with this issue. It does appear that so far this fix is working.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Character creation is enabled and working again.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Character creation is temporarily disabled again. As last time, this is a temporary measure and we ask for your patience while we sort out what is going on with the server.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

And character creation is back! (Again!)