Moving Forward

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Scintilla

Posted by *Scintilla »

Lady's Grace, Cutters.

Scintilla, here. I wanted to take a moment to kick back, take a deep breath, and address the current state of the server - openly. As it stands, and should be acknowledged, I think it's safe to say that recent events have created a rift. This has divided not only the playerbase, but also secluded the staff on a small island of barbed wire and awful puns. So, let's be honest here. Let's break down the walls, let's build a bridge and chew the fat a little. Yeah?

We could have done things differently. There. I'm just going to lay that on the table, right off the bat. We could have done better; worded things better, listened more freely and understood a little more attentively. I'll be the first to admit, not yet having served a full year on the DM Team - mistakes were made. What I'd like to do now is acknowledge that the recently discussed OOC room and the nature of Discord is a sensitive topic, and one that we did not forsee receiving the response it has. Despite the reasons for the 'ruling', it could and should have been handled differently, and on behalf of the staff I would like to offer sincere apology.

So, where do we go from here? This is something I'd like to take the time to focus on. Moving on. We're going to take the recent feedback - both the positive and negative, both for and against - and taking it all on board to examine more thoroughly. I believe, in coming weeks, the staff is going to sit down and have a meeting wherein we can discuss better the events that have taken place, reevaluate and decide where to go from here. I hope we can gain a little more of your patience, even if it might be much asked, with all things considered. If you do have individual concerns, don't fear to message them to me personally and I'll try to bring them up in some manner in the meeting. I'm here, and I'm willing to listen. If not me, than another member of staff you feel comfortable in dealing with.

If nothing else, I hope this will shed some light on the current state of things and offer some reassurance that fault can be acknowledged, that your concerns are being heard and considered, and that together we can all work to see the City of Doors thrive in a welcoming environment, rich with the best the community has to offer.

To conclude, we're definitely going to be thinking about how to move forward in the best interest for all.
*DM_Slimy_Doom

Posted by *DM_Slimy_Doom »

wrote:but also secluded the staff on a small island of barbed wire and awful puns.
Let's be honest, the puns are mostly my fault here. <3

Just want to add that in addition to endorsing this statement, I am also available to voice questions, comments, concerns, social commentary, murderous intent, or any other strong opinions you might have!