Update 4/14/2016

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Due to a mistake on my part, I'm going to have to move the update up this week and do it tonight. The good news is that this means all of the "fixed" things from my bugfix thread are going to show up for this. Bad news? Some new features that were close to completion are not going to be ready (Leoric's new doppelganger, plant, and magical beast races, my own completed Word Archon) until the next update.

We also do have some new things that will hopefully make this more than just a pyrrhic victory...
  • Like I said, lots of little (and a few big) bugfixes going through here, by a whole slew of builders joining powers against the forces of evil!
  • New feature: if you die and log off rather than respawn, you now only have to wait 4 hours for a free trip to the OOC room on login rather than waiting for a full restart (although a restart will also result in this). On the other hand, this came about from closing an exploit that was being abused; you know who you are... so don't cry when trying only turns out to be a waste of time!
  • The issue with template classes (lich, death knight, vampire) losing the ability bonuses from their original race has been resolved.
  • One feature is still in beta, but it's a great one: Clangeddin has reworked the appearance changer to use a custom UI instead of a conversation. A few minor glitches to smooth out, but still a big improvement!
So some cool things, and many more to come in the near future!