Update 2/20/2016

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

For a relatively small update, this one's requiring substantial effort on my part. But It'll still be worth it! Coming this week:
  • A whole bunch of little fixes from the bug forum by me: tweaks to Vampire and other racial PRCs, some script tweaks, and the Minauros portal moved back to its new location. Also hopefully normalized the Heavy Armor Optimization feat.
  • New character portraits from AgonyAunt
  • Player house and apartment updates from Serena
  • Transferable recipe books from Serena (new icon; you can ask a DM or EM to destroy your old non-transferable book from your inventory after you've moved all your recipes over)
  • A new merchant in the Bazaar, again from Serena, selling more usable placeables. These will mostly be for RP flavor, while the Merkhant Warehouse will continue to sell merchant-specific usables.
  • New placeables for the dev team to build with
  • Psion updates and bugfixes from Xndar
  • Some preparatory files from Alersia... her new Racial PRC version of the Hezrou, along with new Quasit and Imp playable races, are going into testing this week and should be live next update!
  • Some minor appearance changes scattered throughout the module: you'll know them when you see them (oh, and Minerva stopped using that "instant teenager" spell).
  • And just to keep you all on your toes, there will be a new Special Material for crafting this week: Metalline!
Still to do, and notes:
  • Hopefully some of the missing wing issues will be taken care of this week with a jury-rigged solution, although a final "true" fix should hopefully be developed within the next week. As soon as I have this in hand, it will be hotfixed to the server.
  • Eladrin are being put on temporary hold as they will require some of the same appearance-changing features. I'll probably bang out a couple of quick stand-alone races this week.
  • Alersia is working on rebalancing creature weapons to roll out at the same time as the Hezrou, which will be the first of our third-generation races to make heavy use of the system (trogs and lizardmen have creature weapons but are better off with melee weapons).
  • This includes the ability to have creature weapons enchanted at the Gymnasium... I actually set up this feature to be active right now, although creature weapons attained through the current system will have fewer enchantment slots available than the rebalanced versions.
Assuming all goes well in testing, I'll probably be performing the update sometime this evening/tonight US time.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Update's complete and server's up!