Update 2/7/2016

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Yep, it's another update and more new stuff. In today's update:
  • Updates to the Hall of Records from Serena
  • Player houses and apartments
  • "Unowned" houses in the Hive, Clerk's and Lady's Ward, thanks to Serena (check your map for locaitons)
  • Updated Mercuria spawns from Alersia
  • New adventure area: Pazunia - the Grand Abyss from Xndar (accessible from the Lake of Fire in the current Abyss, no portal key required)
  • Tweaks and fixes to Broken Reach by Alersia
  • Updates to the Plane of Air from Neerepha
  • New estate tileset textures and plant placeables, from Neerepha and Serena (teamwork!)
  • New VFX and some other goodies for builders from me
  • New female human head
  • Improved Bariaur model - might be seeing this applied to the the Bariaur race, which might possibly make it worth playing. Details to come, but you can see one example in the Greenhouse in the Lower Ward.
And then we have the races and classes:
  • Psion base class from Xndar, finally up and ready. New abilities, visual effects, and lots more! (note: despite how they've been portrayed in some sourcebooks, Psionic powers on SCoD are considered another form of magic. So magical dispelling works on psionics, for instance, and psionic dispelling works on magic, and magic resistance also grants resistance to psionics)
  • Updated Illithid (mind flayer) race from Xndar
  • Illithid Mentalist - a new racial PRC that stacks with Psion for our new mind flayers!
  • Vampire template class (10-level class)
  • Death Knight template class (10-level class)
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

The new information on Vampires and Death Knights is now up on the Wiki.

Vampire
Death Knight

Xndar will have detailed informaiton up on Psions and Illithid Mentalists in the next few days.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Also, my apologies for the duration of downtime. The synchronization process is running slower than usual today.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Just a warning: if you have not logged in since Sunday's update, you may find yourself unable to download certain files tonight. I'm going to be running some bugfixes on the test server that require updates to one of our HAKs, but I will have the updates transferred to the production server by the end of the evening.

My apologies to anyone inconvenienced by this.