The Serverside Lag Etc.

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I guess now's a decent time to give some further updates. Everyone has no doubt seen and felt the ever frustrating lengths of the lag, and I'll try to alleviate the most burning and common questions. However before I get to that point, I also want to specifically express that I'm going to need to think my words carefully as to ensure the integrity of servers security currently, as such I will apologize beforehand if some answers aren't publicly very fulfilling. The most pressing questions everyone of course have are:

Q: Does anyone know the cause of this lag? (usually accompanied with a frowny face)
    [color=purple][b]A:[/b] The simple answer to this is, yes. Unfortunately it's excluding some of the complexity of the matters, which is why I'm also providing the long answer. We're currently dealing with a little less resources than usual, the greatest reason for this is currently because we need it to both gather and analyse data. The good news is that we're also having extensive look on how to optimize the resource usage and gradually the lag issues should alleviate and afterwards it should keep the server functioning smoother than before this endeavor, already some fixes have been placed in, as such it is not a permanent state we're looking at currently. The bad news is that it's going to take some more time. At the moment we don't have an exact deadline, but I can give a guesstimate of a couple of weeks tops. Which I agree is still an unfortunate amount of time.[/color] [/li]
Q: Can you fix this?
    [color=purple][b]A:[/b] Short answer again is, yes. But as mentioned earlier, it's currently necessary for information gathering. And before someone proposes, no unfortunatelly we cannot use non-server machine to perform the analysing. So it'd not at the current time be a good idea.[/color] [/li]
Q: Why can't you tell more about it?
    [color=purple][b]A:[/b] As I initially expressed in the first paragraph, it's mostly server security integrity matters. We're currently being a little unelaborative to public regarding it. Though we're going to tell more as time progresses, it's a temporary state.[/color] [/li]