Coming Soon - Slagside Apartments!

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

As I've hinted at in other posts in other places, at the next update there's going to be a new building in the Hive (or to be precise, an old building that now has a door). Just a few steps from the transition to the Lower Ward you'll find the Slagside Apartments, where fine amenities and graceful living just aren't an option, but hey, it's better than sleeping in the ditch!

The idea here is to allow a housing option for those who aren't swimming in money and/or don't have the time to putz around in toolset, with two options for these players to experience the joy of homeownership and the heartbreak of living in one of the worst slums in Sigil.

1. Near the entrance is the landlord's chamber, a two-tile area which doubles as a sample apartment. For 40,000 jink (a discount over making your own), you can purchase one of the apartments (there are 7 to start with, 3 on the ground floor and 4 more upstairs) and have it furnished exactly like the landlord's chamber (in other words, you buy the key, and I copy-and-paste your room's contents at the next update).
2. For 50,000 jink (the going price for Hive real estate), you can create your own two-tile area in toolset and have it copied-and-pasted into the room. Additionally priced features like back entrances and crafting benches are NOT available in this option.

With either of these options you will be given the ability to have your name on the door and a waypoint signifying your ownership on the area map. If this becomes a popular option, I may create a version of this in one of the more upscale areas.