Coming Soon - Summons Phase Ii

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

I did promise that this was coming, and we'll definitely have at least part of this completed and included in this weekend's update. As time permits, some of these may be pushed back to an eventual Phase III. Currently the plan is:

Druid Summons (complete!) - This is an extension of the "regular" summons I did in Phase I. The same concept exists behind the summon received at each level, but with a theme of animals and fey creatures rather than outsiders. The lower levels of these will also be used by rangers. The results will be based on the good/evil axis, with the first five levels having two variants and the final four with three.

Fiendish Legacy (complete!) - For the feat, the new summons are stronger, more visually interesting creatures. There are lawful, neutral, and chaotic results as well (although all evil, of course).

Blackguard (complete!) - This is going the way of the Demonologist: summonned henchmen who will remain until unsummoned or killed, who will also scale with Blackguard level (second tier at L9), including a "top-level" summon for characters who take the full progression of Blackguard AND reach effective level 25. All classes whose summons become henchmen will also gain the Release feat to unsummon their pets.

Shadowdancer, Summon Shadow (complete!) - This will also go the Demonologist route, although fitting the class the summon will be more stealth-oriented. I'm also planning an alternate summon for good-aligned SDs (can't have them doing all this negative magic, now can we?), and a top-level summon to give at least one reason to go full 10 on SD.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Druid/Ranger Summons, Fiendish Legacy, the Blackguard Summon Fiend, and the Shadowdancer Summon Shadow abilities have all been updated on the Wiki.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

The following will be part of Phase III.

Spirit Shaman Summons - Sticking with the incorporeal aspect, but also bringing them in line both thematically and power-wise with the standard summons.

Planar Ally - This is currently garbage. Most likely going to go with a "lesser paragon" summon, a melee-and-magic combination to contrast with the distinct roles of the summons at VI, VII, and VIII, and also going with the "four edges" alignments like Gate and Epic Gate rather than the "four corners" which the summon creature spells use.

A couple have also been taken off the planned improvements:

Pale Master Summon Greater Undead - there are some interesting things going on with this summon spell, and making changes to it would seem to make it actually less good. This may be revisited in the future, but for now I'm planning to leave it as-is.

Death Domain Negative Plane Avatar - this can't be switched to the henchman system because of the way domains work, and the necessity of granting the "release binding" feat. Unfortunately, domain powers can't grant multiple feats.