Making Forum Reforms

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Some of you may've already noticed that there are some forum reforms being made. I'm still not entirely finished, but I intend to streamline and make things a little more clear. First one is get away with the color-rainbow of positions and make it for now be two. The reason for this? It's not the first time there's been confusion with it, where people may've felt staffs views on some things have been something else than they have.

Color Coding Meanings
Purple - This color designates the self-elected presumably important sponges that keeps the thing(s) running. I mean the staff of course.

Blue - This color on other hand is the creative team of people, whom slave their way to do our bidding. Erm, I mean. The players whom have been given access to build content, be allowed to make events with DM client, or testers (And the new positions if there are takers). Generally have a say in their field of work, but not necessarily the rules or the goals of the server.

New Positions Open!
We're looking to get some people interested in new positions too!

Wiki Contributer - if the name isn't a hint yet, it's people to work on our wiki, updating information and the likes, including indicating the math of feats better, making tables for easier searching yada yada.

Lore Geek - People with great understanding of lore and good access to sourcebooks, ideally also some decent insight knowledge of SCoD. These would be the kind of folks whom could answer with greater detail to things at the RP Q&A forums.

Anyone interested can contact me about it. Free form applications all around! Because we all have disdain to bureaucracy.

Other Changes
Announcements forum no longer can be replied by members. - This isn't per say a new thing as much as a step back to old way. And I feel it's important to explain why. Currently we, the staff, have no real method of making important announcements that would remain visible all around.

I've noticed this few times when there has been important matters I've wanted to remain visible for the duration of the whatever crisis at the moment was going and made an announcement here... but in 15 minutes someone has instead messaged to another 'update topic' about features on it which was a topic made weeks ago. And instead of people seeing the message, they made not one, but two topics. One in general discussion and another in bugs and errors board. To me this tells that we need one "veto-board" to be able to efficiently inform everyone so they don't need to ask around. Don't take this as means to suppress your capability to comment, as a token of good will, i'm making a topic to reply into about this and link it: here.

In Other News

In the last 6 months there bas been an increase of a... lets say, uncivil behavior. This has been mainly in the OOC side, so I'm currently also working on trying to react in a bit more effective way and reconsider as to how to approach matters in DMside, and how to assist EMs better at their matters. Naturally this also includes trying to retain the confidence of the playerbase to the DMteam. And let me be first to admit that yes, there was a slight decline in activity, no one's denying that... that was as much ill-timed burn-outs, real life getting people busy and tired, and some of the near-past events have also caused some frustration-breaks, however we're working on that. Don't worry.