Coming Soon - Planar Domains

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

One more new domain added to the list: Dragon Domain.

There doesn't seem to be an ability to constrain domains, but really this should IC be for worshipers of draconic gods and those with draconic blood (including actual dragons). There is a notation about this in the in-game domain description.

Details are up on the wiki.
*Juurane

Posted by *Juurane »

Ceremorph,Feb 7 2015 wrote:So, since this is live now... has anyone taken any of the planar domains? I'd like some feedback on the new abilities and spells, including opinions on the Planar Call summonses.
Well... I seem to have some bad news, at least about the Celestial domain.

On a newly made character I made less than an hour before posting this, I noticed after looking a little closer at the domain, and in the spellbook, that I don't have Bless Weapon as it says I should. The character is only level 2, but since it's a level 1 spell... *shrugs* Not sure if it's here you wanted the feedback or not, but I put it here as it's where you asked about it.
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

Don't think Bless weapon was part of any of the domains for the server or at least not intended the wiki which Ceremorph put up says you get Heavenly Lightning((3)) Planar call((5)) and a more powerful heavenly storm.((7))
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

Don't think Bless weapon was part of any of the domains for the server or at least not intended the wiki which Ceremorph put up says you get Heavenly Lightning((3)) Planar call((5)) and a more powerful heavenly storm.((7))

Also the new ability to Dragon Domain is off putting as it seems pretty much the same thing slippery mind and not something any cleric needs being able to make them selves be mind immune and all the save booste.

I think be cooler and more Dragon domainish if you gave them a Breath that did Positive enerygy 1d6/level using up there Turns.
*Juurane

Posted by *Juurane »

That IS rather odd, yes... I see that in Character Creation, it says Celestial gives the lightning stuff, but the in-game while playing names two completely different spells instead of the lightning ones.

List of spells shown in-game (on the Domain Power button thing) lists:
Bless Weapon (1), Planar Call (5), Holy Aura (7)
List of spells shown in Character Creation:
Heavenly Lightning (3), Planar Call (5), Heavenly Lightning Storm (7)

So... yeah. I'm guessing it actually DOES give what is told during creation, and on the wiki, but it shows a different spell-list on the Domain Power when actually playing.... which confused me.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Plaxy, there's really one overwhelming reason to take Dragon Domain, and it shows up when you can cast 7th-level spells. Otherwise, yes, its domain power is as useless as most others are. A potential 30-dice attack would make as popular as Time and Water.

Juurane, my apologies about the incorrect spell listed in the Domain description. I'm uploading a fix for this as soon as I finish this email and it should be fixed at the next update. We didn't want to go too far with giving clerics free spells from other casting classes... although I do think you'll enjoy the three domain spells you actually get.
*Juurane

Posted by *Juurane »

Thanks for the fairly quick reply, Ceremorph, and no worries about me being ungrateful of the Heavenly lightning spells... those were the reason I picked the domain to begin with. *chuckles* I just got confused by the in-game list and some sleepyness and felt it should be told that I saw a discrepancy in the lists. :D
*Steamer567

Posted by *Steamer567 »

In the wiki, for the level 3 dragon domain spell, to confirm. that's the regular +1 wild fang and not the greater wild fang.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Sorry, my bad. It's gained at L1, not L3. Fixed on the wiki.
*Mick64

Posted by *Mick64 »

The IG diabolic domain description states that Hellfire Storm is a level 8 spell, while the wiki says it's a level 7 spell.