About In Game Gifts

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Alrighty then, so this is informative announcement about gifts in game for thee...

First of all, Out of Character gifts are no no. Only In Character gifts are allowed.

Secondly, In Character gifts, on this there has been some problems lately, too many players have been giving out +5 equipment just like that, now I don't blame you by any means, since technically you have done nothing wrong, but I would still like this to decrease and we are highly likely to add server rulings for this as well if situation doesn't change.

- Gifts should be represented suitable for the one that gets them, as in no +5 items for level 1 character just because you have too many of them. Reason? Imagine that you're just starting to play a game and suddenly some of the best equipments are handed to you before you even really get to start the game. That rather ruins the point of feeling 'achievement'.

I would also go as far as generally instead of just giving "gifts for strangers just because" would be to offer them as reward for 'tasks' you want done, in example:
- Fetch me Liquid Pain from Mniitvaak in the Under Sigil and I will grant you this chiv as reward...
- Find me information of <subject X> and you'll get this shell as reward...

Things that makes players and their characters feel like they've achieved something and earned the trinkets, not just get them like they were trinkets tossed to trashcan otherwise. Same time this also creates roleplaying for those characters.