About Attention Seeking, In Game

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

So it is relatively common that players want to play with a specific player character or a player in game and it tends to get players to send private tells for those to come to play with them. I'd like to just remind a few things:

- You have no right to demand someone to cease roleplaying with others just to get to play with them. Rule of thumbs would be, you can ask if they're available, if not, then wait until they are, most optimal way would be to meet them in character rather than arrange meetings with tells.

- Similar for merchants players characters, been playing one myself, I can understand the amount of requests/questions and so forth they get in tells "Do you have sword X, or armor Y?" while I understand reasonings for asking these, this is a roleplaying server. Players picking merchant as a career want to roleplay supplying services, not actually supply it as such ;) if they aren't in Bazaar or other location they've taken to sell their wares, I'd suggest you to not bother those players with merchandizing, they do want their own playing time as well.

Players won't always be playing with you when you want, adapt to the multiplayer and try to find other players to play with and be ready to share players rather than trying to 'own them alone'.