Update Jan 7th

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

Some new things and bugfixes went in, I'll let those who did them detail that later if they want.

Just wanted to note that scribing the new spell 'Negative Energy Ray' will currently produce a 'Lesser Orb of Sound', other than that the new spells added seemed to work from what little testing I did.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

My parts of the update:

The Merkhant Warehouse is now open for business! New area, new NPC merchant, new unique items for sale.

The Obsidian bug where Hezrou Stench bypasses poison resistance and saving throws has been fixed.
The truesteel rapier sold by Jezebel has the correct feat applied.
Abyssal bloodiron recipes now show the correct gold amount (this only applies to newly purchased recipes; ones already in your inventory will still show the wrong description).
After many requests, the tomb guardians in undersigil have been tweaked to be a little less deadly and give a little more XP.
The night market merchant should have all of the proper conversation options to do the "all around the Hive" quest.

Minor changes to the Bottle & Jug:
The door to the arena can now be entered without being on a quest.
The fight script now only runs when you get close to Barl.
A "lost" area has returned to the module, with some tweaks of its own. Members of a certain faction will understand what I'm talking about soon enough.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Ill add on Xndar's behalf a little about the new spells.

As cryptc mentions, Negative Energy Ray is now in. There are a few others as well for Arcane Casters, including the highly useful Shelgarn's Persistent Blade which they can take a level 1 and provides a nice defense at low levels.

Only one higher level spell for cleric's i'm afraid, Bodak's Glare, but its a nice enough spell.

I'll leave it up to players to discover the other half a dozen new arcane spells we have slipped in.

I'll try and get a fix for the borked Negative Energy Ray scribing ready for the next update.