Contest: SCoD NPC Creation!

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

NPC Creation Contest!
[size0]NPC = Non-Player Character for anyone that hasn't yet learned it.[/size]

Indeed this is a contest of NPC creation if it hasn't yet come abundantly clear, the more detailed version is that 5 best NPCs makers can choose one of the rewards listed below for one of their characters. Multiple NPCs are allowed to be made by single player, but you can only win one prize as to make it be fair for everyone, however making multiple might increase your odds to win the prize.

There is exactly two judges for this competition, that is me (Mr_Otyugh) and cryptc. This ensures that even DMs are allowed to participate, since their votes mean nothing to ending result. In other words, direct your bribes to me and cryptc instead.

We will evaluate the following things on the created NPCs:
  • Description, appearance and name of the NPC
  • Conversation and personality of the NPC
  • How Planescape-ish the NPC is
  • Beneficial, but not necessary: Details! Quests!
Rules for creation of NPCs:
  • Non-canon NPCs only.
  • You can make one of your old PCs to become NPC in which case such needs to be retired from playing entirely.
  • You give permission to use the said NPC(s) within SCoD server
  • Multiple submissions allowed, but only one per player can win.
  • NPCs are more RP orientated than getting phat loot.
  • Admins reserve right to modify NPCs before adding them in game.
Winning prizes:
    One of the following given for 5 players single free of choice characters.
  • Personified item (non-scripted, stats can be negotiated based on the RP idea)
  • Permanent Henchman (Within IC sense for the person, small biography required of the said henchman)
  • 30,000 experience points
  • Other: (Negotiated with DMs separately)

Also all the winners and possibly other NPCs will be added in game for people to see!
Now since I bet not all of you are toolset savvy or familiar with toolset, here are some guides how to use it as well as some tiny ideas for making NPCs:
  • Creating NPC
  • Equipping NPC
  • Conversations
  • How to implement SCoD haks? [size0]Only necessary if you want to use content from them[/size] (View - Module Properties -> Open "Properties" window, you should see spot called "Hak packs" there, when you select it you should seen on the right side a button with three dots, click that and you'll open a new window called "Collection".

Now you can click Add and it makes what seems rather humble line called 0 select it, and on right side you'll have empty spot on the "FileName" slot, there select and find where you have installed your haks. [default: My documents/neverwinter nights 2/hak] and select the SCoD haks one by one with same method. If you want to test in game and be able to export, don't add scod2_nocheat.hak then)
  • 100 instant personalities/agendas
  • Relevant for quests

NPC Naming convention:
    Tag: ps_npc_<playername>_<npcname>
    Resref: ps_npc_<playername>_<npcname>
    Resourcename: ps_npc_<playername>_<npcname>

Classification: Empty it!... I mean don't write it here, but rather empty any numbers or text in it :P

If you need help otherwise, shoot me a PM or post here: http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... topic=4992.
Now the biggest question? Where I send the content?

Submit content to: otyugh3000@yahoo.com

Contest closes 20th of November, so better finish Skyrim quick when it's released! :P
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Last day of the contest! You'll have still time to send content until tomorrow morning 10am (GMT +2), as in the time I open my computer tomorrow morning and close the contest :P

Here's list of people that have submitted to me:
- grumblecake

So, rather short list. We're even 4 short of participators to count for the 5 winners that will be chosen :P on bright side, I made NPC also... so if none else will participate, I'll take claim for the prize also ;) but if we get more than 4, then my NPC will be by standard pushed out of contest.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Yay! You did Faer Chick! Cool!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Contest extended to 26th of november, the contest closes this saturday instead. For players whom have already submitted content, you can still modify your NPCs if you want to improve or change something, I haven't yet checked any of them.