Why So Serious?

Important announcements. Incase of problems logging in, try:
Direct connect address: scod.game-server.cc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I know :P annoying meme the topic title, but it speaks volumes on what this thread is going to be about.

I've noticed an increasing amount of hostile and accusing player behavior, and I do wonder why is it so? Now possible action always could be DMs taking swift justice system, but then again, aggression doesn't resolve aggression most of times. Of course, if people will start to behave outright rudely, the DMs will step in to do their job.
    [color=gray][i]“If you wish others to believe in you, you must first convince them that you believe in them”[/i][/color] [/li]
Instead, I rather ask players of SCoD to be more mindful of other players. We market that the server is designed towards mature audience, however remember that just because you play in SCoD, it does not automatically turn all your choices to be the mature one. If you consider that you might've been able to settle a recent conflict whether in forums or in game in better manner, consider that a time that you take as learning experience for future encounters. Everyone can improve, everyone can make mistakes, even yourself, your friends, the DMs, everyone.

One doesn't need to go to personal war in attempt to alter perception of people regarding different subjects... neither do they need to mock others beliefs just because they believe the other is wrong. No need to think that only one type of gaming preference fits to same server. There are ways to handle things and there are ways to make small problems even worse.

Every small fix to problems start from yourself. So question for everyone is this... "How do I state my opinion, without forcing it on everyone else?" after all, which of us truly likes any opinion to be forced on us? I doubt anyone.