Wish list for the things you'd want to see in game

*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

What about PrC's? Will they be available immediately after the prerequisites are met, or are they going to require good RPing for them to be unlocked?
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

The standard PrC's (EK, RDD, FB etc.) are all available and can be taken when you have the prereqs. There is no approval process for these.
*Lost and not Found

Posted by *Lost and not Found »

cryptc,Aug 27 2009 wrote: We already have wings in the module, and I myself tested playing a half-dragon during alpha stage.  We're just reluctant to allowing anyone play them just yet, and how to decide who gets to play them (since every powergamer out there is going to murder to be allowed to play one).

So thats just one thing to be patient with ;)

What I was trying to say was that with ten levels of Red Dragon Disciple, with any Dragon Disciple, your character becomes a half-dragon. Thus my wish was that the appearance of the Red Dragon Disciple would change accordingly and that there would be an appropriate level adjustment to balance out the huge ability score increases.

(Yes, I want the class to be nerfed.) :P
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

Lost and not Found,Aug 28 2009 wrote:
cryptc,Aug 27 2009 wrote: We already have wings in the module, and I myself tested playing a half-dragon during alpha stage.  We're just reluctant to allowing anyone play them just yet, and how to decide who gets to play them (since every powergamer out there is going to murder to be allowed to play one).

So thats just one thing to be patient with ;)

What I was trying to say was that with ten levels of Red Dragon Disciple, with any Dragon Disciple, your character becomes a half-dragon. Thus my wish was that the appearance of the Red Dragon Disciple would change accordingly and that there would be an appropriate level adjustment to balance out the huge ability score increases.

(Yes, I want the class to be nerfed.) :P
We will not balance classes for balance's sake. Please do not bother to ask "nerf this, it's overpowered" unless there is some serious technical issue involved. Classes that work as written will not be modified.
*Lost and not Found

Posted by *Lost and not Found »

No, just to get things more align to PnP. :P

Well, about what's been said above;
How about Uncanny and Improved Uncanny Dodge that would actually work as said in the feat descriptions?

*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

Base class issues both with balancing and bugs can be sent to Obsidian, we won't touch it with a 5 foot pole.

Edit: beat you to it Pel *nyah nyah nyah*
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

Lost and not Found,Aug 28 2009 wrote: No, just to get things more align to PnP.  :P

Well, about what's been said above;
How about Uncanny and Improved Uncanny Dodge that would actually work as said in the feat descriptions?
You will need to contact Obsidian about the Uncanny Dodge feats, they are hardcoded. And NWN2 is NOT pen&paper D&D, it's at best an approximation. We will do our best to stay in line with the base game, but we will not bend over backwards to change things that work well enough just because of some personal views.

Edit: *shakes fist*
*dordon

Posted by *dordon »

Improved Uncanny Dodge does work, it just doesn't work the way that a lot of people seem to think it works:
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... ny%20dodge

Normal Uncanny Dodge doesn't work at all :(
*Gromnir111

Posted by *Gromnir111 »

allow me to throw my hat in the ring here

1st off, I'm new - so i may be talking nonsense

But in my opinion, i think more quests would be a great way of helping to improve rp. Now part of this is because i tend to play on story pw which are full of quests. but there is also nice rp that takes place on these servers which is connected to the quests.

So lets talk about SCoD. We have a portal to the grey wastes or the beastlands. These are dangerous places full of things that want to eat me. Why in the world would i want to go there? Of course, i can rp a reason. But having a quest connected to each portal (similar to the love potion at the bottom of under Sigil) helps gives a focus as to why we're going to these extremely dangerous places - besides grinding *shudders*. In other words, quests, especially interesting or convoluted ones facilitates rp, not hinders it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

I'd like to add here that I played for a long time on a PW that had just about no quests whatsoever except one very easy first timer quest that you could do a total of once for every character, if I remember correctly. Yet that world was usually quite full, and continues to be so. It did not seem that quests were terribly necessary there. The reason we provide them is to make it easier for players to get into this rather weird campaign setting a bit easier.

I repeat myself: making quests is WORK. I am working on one right now, and this time (this painful time since it's the frickin NWN2 toolset) could be rather spent making an actual plane area that people can go to for whatever reason they find their character deems necessary. I am doing the quest anyway since I would like players to know about the area that it leads to and I would rather do it in a IC way. I DON'T want to spend any time making up a reason for players for why they go to these places other than these simple intro quests.

Story PWs presumably work in a different way, but we are not one of them. When I am on as DM, I will happily provide you with a reason why you need to go to the Plane of Getting Beaten Up and Left On The Ground To Die, but I doubt we will have many actual story-like quests that get too specific on why you need to go somewhere.

We simply can not possibly provide you with a full NWN2 original campaign like adventure. RP worlds need players that take initiative, maybe unfortunately.