Wish list for the things you'd want to see in game

*Aidelynn

Posted by *Aidelynn »

A couple of other things:

1) Persistent chests

It would make life a bit easier not to have to carry everything around all the time, especially for poor, waifish wizard girls with a strength of 10 and two outfits totalling 20 pounds!

2) KEMO sitting

KEMO custom chairs are quite nice. It almost looks like they are partially implemented already, but the only sitting position is the default. Sitting on chairs in Sigil is odd somehow. It is like you have to quick twice. KEMO would give your character a few more posture options, which are quite nice.

My only caution with them is that if you try to sit with a DM-possessed character, you will likely end up "unable to move due to status effect", which is awfully annoying. Of course, animating DM-controlled NPCs with the PC tool is a pain, too, so... (Unpossess--> Right-click avatar--> open PC tool--> Right Click NPC--> select emote--> re-possess NPC... :wacko: Grr!)

3) KEMO Animations

These animations are a really nice addition. I especially love the "stand with arms folded" option, but there are a number of nice animations. You can disable the "adult" animations pretty easily with the GUI update.

4) Sit on things that aren't chairs

It would be nice to be able to choose the "sit" animation when your character is near a barrel or a set of steps. I have seen it elsewhere, though I have no idea how difficult it is to implement.

*Lost and not Found

Posted by *Lost and not Found »

4) -> Replace all barrels and steps with ones you can sit on?
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

More buildings around Sigil you can actually enter with shops in 'em, or secret doors within to other secret places... With all these doors around you can't enter any of 'em except for the inn.
*Zadara

Posted by *Zadara »

bariaurs
*Psionic-Entity

Posted by *Psionic-Entity »

Aidelynn,Sep 7 2009 wrote: Etc...
Must agree here. KEMO's a genius when it comes to this kind of thing. The animations are free to use on servers and very, very good, allowing for... much more realistic adult stuff, as well as alot more options in social settings, sitting in the edge of everything, lying down, crawling... etc. Good to have and not very laggy on a processor.

EDIT

Also... Kemo chairs are super unreliable in terms of stability. Each and every chair is maybe twenty or thirty times as intensive as a normal scripted sit chair, from what I hear from the admin of a server that uses them. I know that KEMO's working on adding those anims to the selector, so that they can be used on walkable, non interactive chairs, but it's not in the system yet.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Aidelynn,Sep 7 2009 wrote: A couple of other things:

1) Persistent chests

It would make life a bit easier not to have to carry everything around all the time, especially for poor, waifish wizard girls with a strength of 10 and two outfits totalling 20 pounds!

[snip]

4) Sit on things that aren't chairs

It would be nice to be able to choose the "sit" animation when your character is near a barrel or a set of steps. I have seen it elsewhere, though I have no idea how difficult it is to implement.
On the first part:
- Outfits are changed to weight 1 lbs instead of 10 today.
- Persistent chests has problem of destroying everything inside them if it's open when server crashes.
- Not saying we won't implement them, just few points to begin with.

And on the fourth part:
- With normal scripting and currently not really reliable sitting script, it'd be pretty tedious job to do (not terribly hard though), possible, but also might make areas a tad slower since I'd have to either make the placeables usable, and on odd shaped placeables, it'd likely mean using invisible objects instead of the object itself... like group of crates and making just corner spots sittable.
- Kemo animations might make this a tad easier... we're planning on adding them eventually, but not a priority at the moment.
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

We do sell 100% bags of holding in shops too, so that's one way to avoid getting overweighed without needing persistent storage. It's not available to everyone right from the start since it is very expensive, but it is there and should suffice for most uses I think.
*Aidelynn

Posted by *Aidelynn »

wrote:4) -> Replace all barrels and steps with ones you can sit on?
This would be very time and script-intensive.
wrote:With normal scripting and currently not really reliable sitting script, it'd be pretty tedious job to do (not terribly hard though), possible, but also might make areas a tad slower since I'd have to either make the placeables usable, and on odd shaped placeables, it'd likely mean using invisible objects instead of the object itself... like group of crates and making just corner spots sittable.
Yep. That's why I would suggest a simple "Sit" animation tool or button in the PC tool. That way you can sit anywhere, rather than having to make tables, steps, crates, et cetera actually "sittable".
wrote:We do sell 100% bags of holding in shops too, so that's one way to avoid getting overweighed without needing persistent storage. It's not available to everyone right from the start since it is very expensive, but it is there and should suffice for most uses I think.
Yep. And eventually Deri will be able to cast bulls' strength or have some strength item on her to reduce encumbrance. Buuuut...

...I am fairly certain that Deri has something like 2100gp. She will never be wealthy. (I don't see her becoming a crafter, she will probably never spend any significant time in combat, and, while there are lots of IC ways to make money, none of them will ever be priority RP for me). It will be a long time before she can afford a BoH, and that would not exactly be her first purchase. I realize that it's an option...just not any time soon. :mellow:

The lighter weight clothes will definitely help. The next chance I get, I will definitely invest in some nude skins and change her three dresses.

As always, thanks for the great work, you guys. I do not want this to come across as whining. I think you guys are doing a terrific job, and these suggestions are really just cosmetic on a very good server.
*Lost and not Found

Posted by *Lost and not Found »

More Deri! I got tons of scrolls that migth interest her, and that she has some jink that might interest me, or so I hear. :P
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I survived with strength 8 ;-) and my character is a part-merchant... granted I have loads of time in my hands...