Forum Update

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

We didn't do it! Now that that's out of the way, we're trying to figure out what to do with it. Hey... at least the search works, now :P
*Glucifer

Posted by *Glucifer »

Personally, I would like to see a different forum that works with both desktop and mobile. Tapatalk has left a bad taste in my mouth, but I will respect whatever decision the team makes in the long run. I almost donated until I remembered that no one ever asked for help before. I am sure that someone will eventually make a donation thinking that they are helping the server. I will be trying to make use of that search function in the mean time.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

We luckily got the donation button removed eventually. So far we've decided to let the annoyance pass by before making any conclusive decisions on whether or not to move to other forums. Because currently if we would vote, we'd highly likely do so. And quite possibly make bad emotionally driven decisions. So for now, better wait and endure.
*Glucifer

Posted by *Glucifer »

You are correct about the emotional aspect. My initial reaction to the changes is the aesthetical differences. I have no doubt that it is shared by others. Perhaps it just needs more administrative love? Its not all bad though and it has improved since you made the recent changes. I'd like our avatars to be square or rectangular, and most importantly, I'd like the chat to work without having to sign in with a separate id. The old chat was superior in that anyone could simply connect without going through hoops and get help if they needed it. I have been having issues with getting this new chat on my desktop working. I know other folks that simply are not going to take the time to say what is on their mind. I do appreciate the team's efforts anyway.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Most modifications to the forum will require us to pay a subscription fee. We're not there yet.
*[<3]

Posted by *[<3] »

If somehow remotely possible, please switch to another forum visual / board / whatever.
This current on is really unfriendly to navigate in comparison to the previous versions, and it even keeps people from signing up due to its user unfriendly-ness.
The activity on these boards has dropped considerably since the change .... and so has server activity.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I'm not sure if the forum swap is correlation to decreased forum activity, we were at a low time prior to it also. We just started a topic to discuss about it, but I personally don't hate these forums anymore after some time of using it.
*[<3]

Posted by *[<3] »

Mr_Otyugh wrote: We just started a topic to discuss about it,...
Could you link me to that topic please, if possible ?
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Currently the discussion is being held on the DM forum as we weigh the pro's and cons of administering the current forum setup and what we're willing to do (paying subscription fee's, free update limits, etc). One we have some options, we'll present them and go from there.