Mummy Dust

*Glucifer

Posted by *Glucifer »

I'm curious as to how powerful this feat is. What kind of AC does it have before buffs and is this a henchmen or regular summon? Is it armored does it have weapons? I'm not trying to start a general power debate here ether. Thanks.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I don't know the specifics, but it's arguably the best summon on the server. While not as powerful as Epic Gate automatically, its duration makes it buffable, and with wizard/sorcerer buffs it becomes more capable. And as it lasts 24 hours (or until it dies) it is worthwhile to buff as well.

It does have weapons.

If you're going to pick it on a class/build that can't buff well, then it's going to be far less useful. Though still a solid feat pick.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

Defensively, it is the best summon on the server. It has a ton of hp, its AC is on par with epic gate summons, and it has all the undead immunities to boot. I don't think it wears armor that you can buff with magic vestment, but an improved mage armor cast (or wand charge) will help it along nicely like any other summon. With improved mage armor + spiderskin + haste it comes out with around 53 AC I think? Which is solid for any area.

It has weapons and dual wields. It has 7 attacks a round combined before buffs. It has improved power attack and knockdown. Offensively you will find that it isn't as good as a summon 9, but with the proper buffs it's still no slouch. It has a hard time dealing with opponents with high DR though, like the half-fey in Pandemonium.

The only annoying part about it, is that it has Frenzied Berserker levels and will by default use its Frenzy and group Frenzy abilities. Which means that it keeps switching off everyones movement speed buff from Haste when it fatigues the party. You can go turn off ability use in the behaviour tab, but you need to do it every time you summon it.
*Glucifer

Posted by *Glucifer »

Thanks guys! It sounds worth it then considering there are less players to group up with these days. Does it occupy a henchman slot or summon slot though?