new here - a few questions...

*Gromnir111

Posted by *Gromnir111 »

Hi,

1st of all, congrats on the server - you really captured the feel of Sigil (something I've missed since Torment:planescape)

A few questions:

1. do you have to pick a faction before you enter Sigil (by talking to the skull)? There are a few factions I could possibly be interested in & i'd rather see how the server develops before making a choice

2. related to the above, would it be possible to change factions later on (I remember you could do that in Torment - had repecussions though)

3. Are there many quests atm? I only found 3 or so, so far (maybe I missed a few). mind you, i've only looked around in Sigil - there could be quests in the planes - or are the planes just for exploration, killing stuff (& geting jink)?

4. Is there going to be a character wipe at the end of beta?

5. I suppose there is no way to play the more exotic races such as Githyanki's etc that you find in planescape ;)

6. Is there much DM interaction/ events or such on the server?

Thanks - sure I'm I'll have more questions later
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

1. You don't have to pick at first, either select undecided at the Mimir, or just do that at the portal, so it lets you in.

2. Currently only if a DM does so manually, but when playerbase grows we will most likely delegate this to players that are higher ranked faction members.

3. I think there are like 6-7 total, and some other ways to get xp that are not exactly quests. We are planning to add more, we just are concentrating on basic features of the server first.

4. No!

5. We already have a few of the alpha players playing special races, and we will let other players play special races too. With our ECL system it should easily balance even the wildest choices. We will however unlikely grant this to "new" players (and everyone is by definition new still), also we have yet to decide on how we will decide who gets to play what. More info on this in the future.

6. There are some, mostly because of DM Pelor's interests in DM'ing. We designed the server to be non-dm reliant, but obviously having dms host events are a plus. Most likely when we recruit more DMs we will also have more events. Also have some vague plans on longer events going on over time. But all of this will have to wait until our basic development of the server is ready.
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

Welcome to SCoD. As for the DM quests, from time to time I will start some spontaneous quests with groups that look like they enjoy RPing, but so far that is irregular and as the whim takes me. But yes, we did have some of that already.