The Primes

*Spiegel1

Posted by *Spiegel1 »

What other Primes are there? I know of Athas and Faerun.
*Product of Void

Posted by *Product of Void »

are we talking prime material planes? if so infinite.

Starjammer I think was a PnP set for DnD were you basically have NERDS IN SPACE!!! worlds were sphere's that you sailed between.

Sigil is like connect all to all worlds a bizar yet intersting place.

though need staff to say if I am nuts or not :P
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Abeir Toril [Forgotten Realms / Al Qadim / Kara-Tur]
Oerth [Greyhawk]
Krynn [Dragonlance?]
Athas [Darksun]
Eberron [Eberron]
*Reaperman

Posted by *Reaperman »

You forgot Mystara (Rockholm, the 5 shires....ect) and another called Hollow World that was also use in Mods which the people lived on the inside of the planets crust.
*Dedic8ed

Posted by *Dedic8ed »

I'm assuming we're trying to simply name any "Prime" worlds that would be considered canon for TSR/WotC content.....otherwise pretty much anything and everything could exist as a prime world, considering the whole "infinite" thing. So, here's a few more I thought of:

Let's not forget the unnamed high-technology world (robots, lasers) that shares the cosmology of Oerth, which the "spaceship" in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks came from.

Also, the "source world" for the Mulan people and dieties would count as another prime.

Abier, Toril's "twin" and home to the primordials that WotC is ramming down everyone's throats via retconning in 4e.

Not to mention the fact that going back to spelljammer, the solar system of which Toril is a part actually has seven inhabited planets, including one run by mind flayers..... Spelljammer also had other books devoted to the solar systems of Krynn and Oerth, plus lots of other little modules and such
*Theorum Of Neutrality

Posted by *Theorum Of Neutrality »

Dedic8ed,Nov 9 2009 wrote: Also, the "source world" for the Mulan people and dieties would count as another prime.
This is heavily implied to be Earth.
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

There are also more esoteric primes, like Penumbra which holds a huge sunspanning disc which held the old illithid empire back in their greatness, and Astromundi where the illithids are said to have first evolved...

Spelljammer has plenty of them as was said, but not too many are well known...

Also you forgot Aebrynis (birthright) from the official TFR worlds (not into the setting myself, but if you check out the civic festhall I did include a small nod to birthright fans)
*Meow

Posted by *Meow »

Mr_Otyugh,Nov 9 2009 wrote:
Krynn [Dragonlance?]
correct :P
i love dragonlance! could you insert at least paladine and takhisis deityies?
P.S. ya i'm still alive , just a bit busy
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

I'm just so green with dragonlance so I got a bit confused when I read up on dragonlance gods... it seemed like luminari, etc... were the moons, and if the gods were moons in krynn it made no sense to worship them outside krynn...

Also the whole Takhisis/Tiamat thing is complicated... we do have Tiamat as a god I'll note...

Which gods would you say would be logical to be worshipped off krynn? just Paladine and Takhisis? I am planning to add a few more gods in reasonable future, so will happily accept advice :)
*Meow

Posted by *Meow »

cryptc,Nov 12 2009 wrote: I'm just so green with dragonlance so I got a bit confused when I read up on dragonlance gods... it seemed like luminari, etc... were the moons, and if the gods were moons in krynn it made no sense to worship them outside krynn...

Also the whole Takhisis/Tiamat thing is complicated... we do have Tiamat as a god I'll note...

Which gods would you say would be logical to be worshipped off krynn? just Paladine and Takhisis? I am planning to add a few more gods in reasonable future, so will happily accept advice :)
most important ones maybe ..:
Mishakal,Reorx,Sirrion,Morgion,Sargonnas

about the moones..well not sure they are suitable with sigil anyway :Solinari,Lunitari,Nuitari