Random things (bugs maybe) I found

*Knightoftheradish

Posted by *Knightoftheradish »

Hi there, I know it's still alpha but this is what I found so far.

Profane weapon crafting doesn't work. Or if it does it doesn't show up on the item (I havent used the weapon). Also the item said it had hit the crafting limit for enhancements at 3. I'm not sure if that means it took one up anyway or that the limit is normally 3.

A lot of the sorceror staffs are 1 gp in the market (I'm sure you're aware).

Imbue item doesn't seem to work. The armor/weapon ones are fine since they don't require a spell but the wondrous items say it's missing the spell that's needed.

Soz content doesn't seem to be adding itself to a character once selected.

In baatoran steel weapons there's no falchion.

The lose level feature on the xp giving wand doesn't take away the right amount of xp. If you're intending to use the wands for a dm side thing I just thought I'd point it out. You can always use 'set' level.

I'll expand the list as I see things!
*Shyntree

Posted by *Shyntree »

Not sure on crafting - it's not my strong suit. Though for the record, I do not think that you will be able to craft more than 3 properties onto an item on this server - depends on whether or not we think it's overpowered.

We're aware of sorcerer staffs. It's not really an issue until beta - until then, i don't think item balance and pricing is so much of an issue, we're still in the construction stages.

the SoZ content comment is interesting. Could you be more specific what you mean, what content exactly doesn't work?

Maybe Devils don't like Falchions. :D Heh, seriously though, I'm sure one will be added.

the XP wands are for alpha purposes, so players can level characters, etc. I don't see them surviving past alpha. :D
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Crafting: 3 properties max (this includes the already existing properties in items) is standard Obsidian crafting (which we use), I believe in epic caster levels you'll be able to craft 4 properties max (I could check it from nwn2wikia but I'm lazy at the moment). And good that there is such limitation or players would enchant everything on all their weapons/armors/shields :P and yes, it will make some items unenchantable by standard. I'd say that limitation is here to stay.

If we want to provide more interesting crafting choices, I'd say we rather make crafting blueprints rather than enchanting blueprints... as in create whole new item with required supplies and the item would have all the properties from begin, instead of letting people to add powerful properties to their already existing items (people generally just use the 'adding properties' option to tweak their build/character slightly towards perfection through items.)

Those sorcerer staves aren't meant to be in stores in beta, they are added there to alpha stage. And most of those mage gears will be changing place slightly for beta. They will continue to exist, but harder to reach and find. Likely those staves that costs 1 gp only will be possible to be found from loot only (as they are rather powerful... less powerful than they seem, but rather powerful).

Also yeah, experience widget, gold widget, area testing item and raise widget aren't here to stay, they are just to help alpha testing so that we aren't required to level/get gold on our own just to find bugs. They'll be gone after alpha.
*Knightoftheradish

Ah I wasn't sure what normal was for crafting anyway since I never make crafters. I was moreso trying to show you that I hadn't tested whether or not it was profane weapon that was taking up an enchantment slot without giving the bonus. Of course it would be silly if there was no limit.

As for the SoZ content it's selectable but when you pick something you don't actually get it. I only really tested this with hellfire warlock but I've seen it on other servers before. So at like level 1 hellfire warlock you don't actually get the hellfire blast.

Enchanting pre-existing items has other uses too. Like say you want to use a rapier that gives a perform bonus. It still takes an enchantment slot but you can also make it do something in combat. I see what you're saying and allowing use of items that have abilities that crafted ones don't have opens the door to combinations that weren't planned on (ie: giving a feat or something).

As for imbue item I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

I mentionned the baatoran steel just since every other weapon had one, you know in that vendor with all the lists of types of modified weapons.

Like I said I only mentionned the xp wands in case it's a tool you plan on using for dm side later.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I tested hellfire warlock just moment ago and yeah, this is what happens:
- Once you take the level, you automatically gain the hellfire warlock bonus feats and stuff...
- When you start the 'Hellfire Blast' from modes bar, it flashes your hands and eyes to be in fire... so far so good.
- Now you blast an opponent, you get message that you lost constitution (and lose it), get the message that you make bonus 6d6 damage... but you don't really do any bonus damage. You just get message that you do 6d6 bonus damage, but don't get message of the actual damage done and it's not included in the original blast damage either.

Hellfire Shield at times seemed like it didn't work... at times it worked - not sure why it works other times and not other times, but the damage resistances and summon baatezu works just fine.
*Knightoftheradish

Mr_Otyugh,May 22 2009 wrote: I tested hellfire warlock just moment ago and yeah, this is what happens:
- Once you take the level, you automatically gain the hellfire warlock bonus feats and stuff...
- When you start the 'Hellfire Blast' from modes bar, it flashes your hands and eyes to be in fire... so far so good.
- Now you blast an opponent, you get message that you lost constitution (and lose it), get the message that you make bonus 6d6 damage... but you don't really do any bonus damage. You just get message that you do 6d6 bonus damage, but don't get message of the actual damage done and it's not included in the original blast damage either.

Hellfire Shield at times seemed like it didn't work... at times it worked - not sure why it works other times and not other times, but the damage resistances and summon baatezu works just fine.
You actually had the hellfire blast added to your character to begin with? Mine never showed up in my class feats or anything....

I'll check if there's something wrong with my files.