Add-ins that make NWN2 prettier & more convient

*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

These are some optional add-ins that can make your NWN2 game more convenient and/or better looking and that work with SCoD:

All NWN2 Terrain Re-bumped-mapped is a client only override that improves the bump mapping. This makes the ground look more 3-dimensional and rough.

Camb's COMBAT Splatter (v1.1): Adds blood splatter to the ground during combat which slowly shrinks and then disappears after time.

Reduced hit effects: "What this combined package does is also reduce the visual effect on hit caused by weapons with added elemental, holy, positive, negative and sonic damage. Most effects are body-sized now, i.e centred on the person being hit, not a massive area of effect visual. It shouldn't conflict with anything and it's a very small download. I've been using it for a while and it really adds to my enjoyment. Works for monk gloves and ranged and throwing weapons too."

Less Obtrusive Spell Buffs: "Tired of the "buff ball" graphics? They obstruct your view, and also reduce your framerate. This mod doesn't remove them entirely - it simply tones them down. You'll still see an indication that the spell is on, but you don't have to give up drive cam mode for lack of visibility. Affected spells include: - Mage Armor (and Greater) - Protection from Alignment - Protection from Arrows - Protection from Energy (and variants) - Shield - Ghostly Visage (and ethereal variants)"

*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

Note: apparently you need to extract each of these into their own subfolders in the override folder, otherwise it doesn't work.
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

I just noticed that.

Good bye big bubble buffs!