My Only Gripes

*Magical Wisps

Posted by *Magical Wisps »

These are the two points that I don't like and pretty much will keep me from really playing on this server.

- No character build/multiclass restrictions. (In regards to RPing a char who is outlandish and makes no sense Cleric RDD who doesn't rp being half dragon or of dragon blood)

- Stores in SCoD will not buy anything for more than 200 gold pieces maximum. Some will find it odd no doubt. This has been decided in attempt to support players trading between each other rather than with the NPC. (Just don't like this, seems too much like Haven and BG merchants, I would suggest to control the influx of gold and keep with the above primise, have some variation of the merchants and atlest let people get 5000 as max for good items.

Also I was talking about texturing some of the areas a bit better. It doesn't take long, but it can significantly improve the looks of your areas. I built this area in a matter of 30 mins.

Here is one without anything in the way so you an look at what texturing can do.

The next two are with some trees and grass.

*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

Thank you for your feedback, we will keep it in mind.
*Shyntree

Posted by *Shyntree »

Ditto. Also, bear in mind we are still heavily in alpha stage - server is very much under construction, and a HECK of a lot will likely change before beta, even. It's quite unusual that a server at this stage of development would even be public. :D But it is. Your comments will be taken into consideration, though. :-)
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

Magical Wisps,May 28 2009 wrote: - No character build/multiclass restrictions. (In regards to RPing a char who is outlandish and makes no sense Cleric RDD who doesn't rp being half dragon or of dragon blood)
I think the lore of the RDD class as written in the game is rather restrictive. We won't turn it off though since with RDD people can RP *other* creatures or backgrounds that might explain great strength and armored skin and such. People call RDD cheesy, and it is quite powerful, but I don't think you could possibly leave Cleric or Favored Soul in the game if "too much power" really was a problem, only for some reason people flip out over RDD when clerics can make themselves immune to anything (and from what I've seen most cleric/FS RP is utterly atrocious). It's very easy to make a build with RDD that sucks (just try combining it with a pure sorcerer, as it is INTENDED to be), but Cleric/FS is quite hard to not make at least somewhat adequate. So, we would rather allow the "cheesy" RDD and give people (those that are interested in RPing at all) another option to make something interesting rather than start on the pointless task of balancing classes.