Greetings, cutters n' bashers...

*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Howdy. Just wanted to announce myself. I'm extremely interested in this and just bought the 2 expansion packs so I can join in the fun. I'm a Planescape addict, and am very familiar with the planes and Sigil. So I'd be honored to give my opinions. I just got in the game, and didn't have enough time to play much since it took too long patching and d/l'ing the haks, etc. and I had to get to bed (lol I ended up getting less than 4 hours of sleep because I wanted to get everything all sorted out so I could jump right in when I get home). Been playing NWN1 online through CoPaP (Confederatin of Planes and Planets), whose goal has been to build the entire D&D system, planes, worlds and all. They do an awesome job there DMing. And I've been working on my own Sigil for NWN1, and inclusion in their group. But this one's just so much prettier. :wub:

Anyway, I'm freshly 34, have plenty of knowledge in PS, and can't wait to get the game into full swing.

So when's the beta expected to be entered, and the character wipe completed?

Thanks.
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

wrote: So when's the beta expected to be entered, and the character wipe completed?
*reads the separate beta thread* Ok.
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

Hello, and welcome.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Ahoy Mabus and welcome to SCoD,

Yeah, as you probably read already on the other thread, we're hoping to release the beta very soon... though admittably there has been slight set back due to Obsidians new patch apparently is being delayed quite a bit. So we'll likely release the last alpha version before that patch even comes out.
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

Welcome :) love getting more planescape fans into this... we're not quite open for business fully yet, but working on it... soon a new alpha version, and sometime after the next nwn2 patch we'll go beta and try attracting players :)
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Yeah, I know if more people were actually educated on the setting they'd find it'd really grow on them. I couldn't imagine someone NOT liking Planescape, for the immense diversity and roleplay depth it contains. Well I'm sure you can count on me to be a long-time loyal fan. I've only seen a bit of the Great Bazaar thus far, but it looks great. So fyi, I noticed there're a ton of nice equipment on the vendors there. Are they losing all that when the game goes live? I would assume that sort of gear would be difficult to come by so openly, save for say Green Steel.

Spec the Damned, my tiefling rogue of Mask, would fit in perfectly here. And I also play a character who, in PnP form, was a Fighter/Druid Earth Ruvoka. Though on CoPaP he had to be human. And on here the closest he could be is earth genasi.

Can't wait to play them in the live version. All the "gifts" available now make it too easy, and there's no reward in it. :P
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

the equipment will be mostly available (some spread out to faction hq's), but the price on it will make most of it hard to acquire.

the great bazaar is going to be replaced with a bigger and more busy bazaar next alpha so stay tuned :)

wouldn't be a problem to make earth genasi and call yourself a ruvoka if you wanted to for instance... and we will be allowing custom races (already have beta testing team set up to play among others half-celestial and pixie)
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

I know on NWN1 they have NPCs set up so you can alter the appearance, color, etc. of your armor, shields, helms, and weapons. Do they have something like that available yet for NWN2 to customize your appearance?
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Mabus,Jul 14 2009 wrote: I know on NWN1 they have NPCs set up so you can alter the appearance, color, etc. of your armor, shields, helms, and weapons. Do they have something like that available yet for NWN2 to customize your appearance?
Yeah, it is possible in SCoD. And I think in NWN 1 it was possible with just craft armor/weapon + dye kits actually, but in SCoD it's done through NPCs. Although admittably it is more restricted to some races... many of the appearance types have not been made for other than humans/elves.