When will SCoD become beta?

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

*edit: as of 15th of August, Sigil City of Doors (SCoD) is on beta*

I've been asked few times now when will SCoD become beta... so I decided that I might just as well post it here for anyone to see whom is interested.

Currently we're mostly finished for the last alpha version. However before we'll be putting the next alpha version up for downloading, we're waiting that Obsidian will release the 1.23 patch. (click here to download wordfile fo the patch notes) (The patch will be having all kind of neat little things... auto-download doo-dad, hide examine and effects [leaving biography still visual])

There are some rumors when the patch will come, but no definite date given yet. Some say it might come next week.

After that is done, we'll be putting our attention in fixing and making base systems good enough to begin beta. Now as it is mentioned in few places, there will be vault wipe before we step to beta, but after that we're hoping to keep it character vaultwipe-free (it would require something to go really badly wrong to come to that anymore after that).

Yeah yeah, I've been blabbering again *blames the heat* in short... 1 month. Will it be strictly one month from now? Unlikely... it is holidays and summer now, not all of the DM team are sad sods like me sitting in dark lair hiding from relatives, friends and girl-/boyfriends, staying away from other countries and all that real life stuff.

We'll get to beta so donnae worry, making server is more than just having toolset open and clicking things left and right.