The Scod Art Team

*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

[align=center][/align]

Hey gang! So, today I joined the Builder's team... with a twist! After chatting with the staff and fulfilling a few small requests here and there through the grapevine, I decided to step forward and volunteer in a more 'official' capacity and head what has been dubbed the "Art Team". What does that mean? Well, I thought I'd take a few moments to explain the role of an Art Liaison, as per my understanding. This is, of course, subject to change based on supply and demand. Consider it a 'trial run', if you will!

Art Liaison? What the heck is that!?
It's exactly as it sounds - we make things pretty by request! Designers are an offshoot of the Development Team (Builders, Scripters) who are solely concerned with elements regarding graphics and media of the server, forum and atmosphere of Sigil: City of Doors. The role itself is not designed to advocate and promote personal works of art, but rather offer a service to the community. The Art Team will work closely with Developers and Staff to create quality custom content for the server to make it consistently attractive to the playerbase.

To avoid any confusion this is not a staff position, but an extension of the server's Dev team.

Aesthetic Content and How it Applies.
While this is more or less a support role to coincide with the needs of Staff, Developers, and Game Masters, there are elements unrelated that can be applied to the wider public of the playerbase in entirety and by request. In essence, what I'd like to provide is a point of contact for design that's inclusive of (but not limited to) the following:

♢ New icons (wands, items, etc).
♢ Tint Mapping.
♢ Event posters, thread banners, guild crests (etc) by request.
♢ Textures, maps, other resources for GMs and Wiki Contributors.
♢ Provide edited screenshots and creatively present content for advertising.
♢ Web design, forum layout, banners, etc.

I'll also be taking over the SCoD KEMO gallery from Neerepha/Scintilla, for all your IG profile needs!

Making A Request!
Got an IC event coming up you need a poster for? Maybe you'd like a fancy thread banner for your guild, or an upcoming event? Perhaps you've made a new item in the toolset, but it just needs that little something extra with a new icon?

At this point, the easiest way to go about this is likely to shoot me a PM. For those of you with access to the Builder's forum, I'll likely be keeping a record of projects there, but I may well (in the near future) make a thread with template for requests. Of course, there are also considerations to take on board in regards to complexity, but this will likely be on a case to case basis. I'll try to come up with something more solid to explain once settled in.

Joining the Art Team:
If this is a role you feel yourself suited to then you're encouraged to shoot either myself or Head Builders Caprica and MimiFearthegn a short PM expressing your desire to join the team. Examples of work and experience with design software (Photoshop, Illustrator etc) are preferential, but not mandatory. Now, of course, you're not required to use or rely upon the Art Team for content (to that end, current builders need not apply) for those who would prefer to maintain control on their own specific projects. The intention is to create additional point of contact for deign related outsourcing by desire and request.

The Art Team exists to serve both the server and the community. Therefore, it should be noted that any contributions made are done so with the understanding that a submission is 'open-use' and subject to inclusion, adjustment (and request for adjustment) or removal at any given time.

Pretty cool, right?
That about wraps it up for now, I think. This post might update a bit here and there so please stay tuned. Thanks for having me on the build team!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

This seems pretty cool indeed! My only issue is the bright red position color! It's not easy on my eyes x) Maybe a slightly desaturated red would be better?