Crash ,crash,crash...

*Joru de Thagrus

Posted by *Joru de Thagrus »

Hi everyone. I know this game is old and buggy (I am talking about Neverwinter Nights 2 not this server) but there must be something I can do to make it more stable. Yes, I have searched the net. There are a few things that seemed to work with people.
1) run as admin
2)run compatibility windows xp
3)Turn your graphic setting down

I have experimented with all these things but still crashes happen quite frequently. Usually I get the old "Neverwinter Nights 2 has stopped working" message.

It seems to me that most people here have a stable game going. Can anyone help me?
:banghead:
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Odd as this might sound, Skywing's client extension brings forth smooth sailing for me...
*Joru de Thagrus

Posted by *Joru de Thagrus »

I think I am using that already but I will look it up. Thanks bud:)
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

I experience it due to a number of things, my question is - where, when? to explain possible how

when meaning is a spell casted every time of crash?

where.. well ya know :P

EDIT :
also things that might help are. . .

under your game installation folder find the file "nwn2.ini"

Side note : if it does not exist add it in, also the numbers I'm useing don't have to be what you use

alter -

[Sound Options]

MaxCachedSounds=100

"This setting should determine how many sounds are held in the audio cache in memory. The higher the value, the more sounds are held and hence the less loading is required to play back a sound. Raising this value to 200 or even higher can help reduce stuttering in the game."

[Graphics Options]

SEFCacheTimeout=500
SEFCacheSize=20

"The SEF Cache relates to special effects caching (such as spell effects). The cache holds these effects in memory so they don't need to be reloaded constantly, but the cache timeout value unloads them after a period of time to prevent memory usage for effects no longer needed. If you have 1GB or more of system RAM, you may want to raise these values to see if it reduces loading pauses/stutter. The SEFCacheSize value apparently has a useful upper limit of 50 (MB), and the CacheTimeout value is likely in seconds, but if after a while you notice no difference in raising these set them back to their default."

----
Altering those helped my a lot with stuttering and I believe crashes at times
For the full guide i'm using for reference Link to web page
*Whitefly

Posted by *Whitefly »

Were you in Pazunia when you were crashing repeatedly? That area's known for causing crashes.