Beastlands Latest Changes

*Whitefly

Posted by *Whitefly »

Nimiane,Apr 3 2017 wrote: Metathesiophobia.
So we have to like every change that comes along or we're metathesiophobic?
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

I think this is a positive change to the server and will help the planes feel more connected in general.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Secret valley probably shoudnt of been used at the link between the two but it is as it is now.. Less inspired rp now that its just a boom click.
*Negative Moon

Posted by *Negative Moon »

Nimiane,Apr 3 2017 wrote: Metathesiophobia.
Well... I'm not saying anything about the renovated bazaar, for example. Such huge change there compared to what I tried to voice with this topic here. A bazaar that got basically rebuilded anew from scratch that got me a bit puzzled at first, but I'm currently liking it quite a lot. I won't deny that I will miss the old market as much as I will miss the destroyed one.

What I'm trying to voice here is that a rare harmony and concept between areas broke there and it would be great to have it restored.

*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

After another round of thought, I must confess that I am also of the opinion that with the current layout the Secret Valley should not be connected in the way it is and that it should be moved elsewhere. That said, I think it is entirely reasonable that new maps yet to be added may change my mind in this regard.

A simpler transition like the one that connects Krigala to Brux would probably be preferable. Although I do really -really- like the idea of following faerie lights to a strange and mysterious destination. . .
*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

There are some changes coming to the beastlands in near future updates, So this connection point may end up being moved by the end of it all.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Loved that Cabin in the area with the nice view.
#GiveBackOldKarasuthraWithTheNiceCabinAreaThisIsNotForHarambe
*Grendel

Posted by *Grendel »

To summarize my thoughts on the Beastlands update; very welcome and interesting. Convenience of travel plus the old portals existing means that we have very fascinating travel routes possible to us now. I enjoy the changes overall, but I do think that the 'original' Secret Valley should be brought back and added to the mix. Currently you can travel to the Brux hub then walk to the Grasslands, Forest, Grove and Exotic Cave down one route, head to the Forbidden Plateau and out the portal there to the Greenhouse in the Lower Ward and also travel into Karasuthra and back out again into the Lady's Ward. The only thing I would change is to bring back the original version of the Secret Valley with that little house and put it down somewhere else now, perhaps add an additional transition in Karasuthra where that large river crossing is.

The current faerie lights path leading to the 'new' Secret Valley should just be left as-is; it's a beautiful location and more than adequate for our purposes. I'm a big fan of these additional routes though, it makes it very interesting to navigate around the server and I could see it being a clever way for PCs to circumvent going certain ways if they need to escape pursuers.
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Grendel,Apr 4 2017 wrote: To summarize my thoughts on the Beastlands update; very welcome and interesting. Convenience of travel plus the old portals existing means that we have very fascinating travel routes possible to us now. I enjoy the changes overall, but I do think that the 'original' Secret Valley should be brought back and added to the mix. Currently you can travel to the Brux hub then walk to the Grasslands, Forest, Grove and Exotic Cave down one route, head to the Forbidden Plateau and out the portal there to the Greenhouse in the Lower Ward and also travel into Karasuthra and back out again into the Lady's Ward. The only thing I would change is to bring back the original version of the Secret Valley with that little house and put it down somewhere else now, perhaps add an additional transition in Karasuthra where that large river crossing is.

The current faerie lights path leading to the 'new' Secret Valley should just be left as-is; it's a beautiful location and more than adequate for our purposes. I'm a big fan of these additional routes though, it makes it very interesting to navigate around the server and I could see it being a clever way for PCs to circumvent going certain ways if they need to escape pursuers.
This sounds like a great idea!
*Nerull

Posted by *Nerull »

I thought every area was an ERP spot? What's the problem here?

#TooLazyToWalkSoIBangedHere