Beastlands Latest Changes

*Negative Moon

Posted by *Negative Moon »

As the topic description says I'm planning to talk about those two layers' changes to their maps.

The new brux hub is lovely, finally we don't have adventurers crowding the streets casting their protective spells and resting on the dirty cobble before jumping back into the portal for beastlands at the risk of dragging the poor Ulbart the Unlucky in there with them and right into battle, while it is already hard for him to survive the encounterwith a celestial dire wolverine. So thumbs up for the change here.

But, and this but in my opinion is personally very heart breaking, was it really necessary to link together Brux and Karasuthra together and by the map named as "Secret valley"? I mean, I'm not opposed to linking those two layers together, it is within the lore and perfectly fine, but doing that through a map that the alone name suggest it being difficult to find and reach and now directly linked to brux's hub... that feel so weird and wrong in my opinion. This change makes quite un-rewarding anything related to exploring and distrupted, always in my opinion, the crescendo of emotions and beauty of the unique scenery that you could witness by going through the different areas in order to reach the "secret valley" area that the previous update made players do (I've seen only Karasuthra provoke such "amazement"). Without considering that another wound opened in my heart after seeing that the watermill got removed totally from the area with the update.

Yes, you can guess it right "Secret Valley" is one of my favourite areas, if not the most, in server. It was simply perfect, isolated, peaceful, romantic and simply gorgeous to the eye that offered unique RP. Now it feels like it will simply become another spot for ERP for lazy people that didn't want to walk all the way there.

I want to repeat this: everything I'm saying is just my opinion.

#GiveBackOldKarasuthra
*HeyaItsBunny

Posted by *HeyaItsBunny »

I have nothing to add except that I agree.
#GiveBackOldKarasuthra
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

I agree as well.

#GiveBackOldKarasuthra
*Sareth675

Posted by *Sareth675 »

Just change the name of the waterfall to something else? Problem solved.

#MakePlanarExplorationGreatAgain

I can meme too
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Would agree that Karasuthra and Brux should be kept separate.

#Thisisnotinstagram
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

I for one like having a hub to exist in where I am likely to find and engage other players in a natural environment without having to worry about my Lv 30 character indirectly killing them through super-spawns.
*Leona

Posted by *Leona »

Sinlinara,Apr 3 2017 wrote: I for one like having a hub to exist in where I am likely to find and engage other players in a natural environment without having to worry about my Lv 30 character indirectly killing them through super-spawns.
So... let me get this correct... this is a thing I'm *not* supposed to do?

Why don't people tell me these things?
*Negative Moon

Posted by *Negative Moon »

Sinlinara,Apr 3 2017 wrote: I for one like having a hub to exist in where I am likely to find and engage other players in a natural environment without having to worry about my Lv 30 character indirectly killing them through super-spawns.
I am pretty sure I clearified my point of liking the idea of having a brux hub in a safe area instead of inside an hostile one.

But I can't get myself to like the change of brux hub being connected to karasuthra through the "secret valley" area. A fair solution to this I think could be using the mounain path area as a connection between the two layers and move back secret valley area to be the deepest part of karasuthra.

Just an idea xD
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Metathesiophobia.

What it comes down to is the fact that you've dubbed this area your favourite and want to dissuade people from visiting this 'private' location due to ease of access, right? Sharing is caring, in this instance, I think. Being willing to walk through an extra few transitions doesn't make you more entitled to the area than anyone else. I think it's lovely too, and the more people who get to see it the better! :)

Edit: Just visited, I think the area looks fantastic and having the faerie lights link to the secret valley is super convenient! Nice job!
*DM_Slimy_Doom

Posted by *DM_Slimy_Doom »

The Beastlands were connected because they are connected by lore, and we felt it would give them a smoother progression of difficulty. That said, (and I don't speak for all the staff, I'm just spitballing here), maybe there would be a better way to connect them. I also was quite fond of the trek to reach the valley, though I have no issues with the way it is currently.