Upcoming Update

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Greetings all!

As you may have heard, the next update is a rather large one. The testing and building teams have been hard at work making sure the changes are as bug free and balanced as we can manage on the test server. While there are some things still left to fix, I expect that it should be ready for the main server by next weekend.

Some highlights include. . .
- New Crafting and Enchanting Systems
- "Sneakers Update" - every character gets free weapon finesse, Feint no longer has any prerequisites, 5d6 sneak attack will grant Epic Precision, and rogues will be able to take Hide in Plain Sight as a special ability.
- New Hair Options
- Krampus will be back!
- Monodrones / Duodrones should be more attractive
- Improvements to Warlock curses
- Monsters / Treasure on the Karasuthra mountain path
- Monster Tweaks, flavor updates, new Magma area, and much more. .

Full notes will be posted with the update as normal. In the meantime, I have started to document the new system on the wiki - you can read about it here:
Enchantment Documentation
Crafting Documentation

Some general points:

The old crafting system will be disabled with this update. Potions, scrolls, wands, and traps will be craftable as they were before, but weapons, armor, and miscellaneous items / accessories will all fall under the new system.

Essences will stay mostly the same for the new enchanting, though a few new essences have been added. Gems have been completely overhauled - gems which dropped previously will no longer have any value for enchanting. So use them now, or sell them off!

Items will no longer be limited to three properties per item. Instead, they will be limited by point values assigned to individual properties. You can read more about it on the wiki.

So that's a brief overview. If you have any questions about the new crafting and enchanting systems, please feel free to ask them here!
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

One thing I'd like to know is how the new gem system is going to work.

There doesn't seem to be any information about it yet. Where/how will we get them and how will the gemcutting work?
*MimiFearthegn

Just started the gemstone wiki page. Here you go.
*[<3]

Posted by *[<3] »

MimiFearthegn wrote: - "Sneakers Update" - every character gets free weapon finesse, Feint no longer has any prerequisites, 5d6 sneak attack will grant Epic Precision, and rogues will be able to take Hide in Plain Sight as a special ability.
Right, so it essentially makes the build on my Erinyes rather obsolete, for it strips away both the need for the Swashbuckler levels as well as Shadowdancer ...
I sure don't feel like another total rebuild (again), but I will politely ask for a partial de- and re-level to acquire the feat slot I did spend on epic precision at least, which is now obsolete as well, once the update is in.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

the Krampus npc will allow you to rebuild with no loss of exp and taking your levels immediately when update hits.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

[<3 wrote:,(time=1527152627)]
MimiFearthegn wrote: - "Sneakers Update" - every character gets free weapon finesse, Feint no longer has any prerequisites, 5d6 sneak attack will grant Epic Precision, and rogues will be able to take Hide in Plain Sight as a special ability.
Right, so it essentially makes the build on my Erinyes rather obsolete, for it strips away both the need for the Swashbuckler levels as well as Shadowdancer ...
I sure don't feel like another total rebuild (again), but I will politely ask for a partial de- and re-level to acquire the feat slot I did spend on epic precision at least, which is now obsolete as well, once the update is in.
There is going too be NPC that allows you too delevel and relvel for free, so that's taken care of.
*[<3]

Posted by *[<3] »

That's good to hear and will hopefully let me take care of this quickly.

Thank you both for the replies Lucadia & edmaster !
*YohanStabs

Posted by *YohanStabs »

If I had 4d6 Death Attack from Assassin and Bleeding Wound 2/round from Invisible Blade, would that qualify for Epic Precision?

What about 4d6 from Assassin and +2 Sneak Attack die from Wererat 5?

How long will Krampus be around for?

Thanks guys! Really excited about this update!!!
*juubo

Posted by *juubo »

Happy to hear about the updates, hopefully I'll be able to get in and see it when it goes live =)
*MimiFearthegn

YohanStabs wrote:How long will Krampus be around for?
Usually Krampus sticks around until the next update.