Upcoming Update

*redgolem

Posted by *redgolem »

Is there a minimum caster level requirement for enchantments with the new system?
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Yes. The lowest Caster Level requirement is 3.
*[<3]

Posted by *[<3] »

So, about the free weapon finesse and other feat adjustments ...

How far does one have to de-level to acquire those ?

Or do all characters that qualify for certain feats get them added at next level up ?

I mean, do we just need to re-level from level one, or do we have to re-create completely ?
*TheShadowWithen

Posted by *TheShadowWithen »

So what exactly was changed with the warlock curses?
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

TheShadowWithen wrote:So what exactly was changed with the warlock curses?
http://sigil-nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Hexer_I-III
*Izariel

Posted by *Izariel »

I have a few questions about the new crafting/enchanting system.

According to the documents provided, one can craft say a suit of armor with three different types of special materials. Does this mean the armor will then take on the propertise of all three material types? And will it be further enchantable from there?

If it is enchantable will it have limited capacity due to the special materials or will it have full capacity? Perhaps this is already pointed out somewhere but I appologize for being unable to find it.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

Izariel wrote:I have a few questions about the new crafting/enchanting system.

According to the documents provided, one can craft say a suit of armor with three different types of special materials. Does this mean the armor will then take on the propertise of all three material types? And will it be further enchantable from there?

If it is enchantable will it have limited capacity due to the special materials or will it have full capacity? Perhaps this is already pointed out somewhere but I appologize for being unable to find it.
Only the base material adds properties.

Adding other expensive materials is supposed to increase the enchantment point cap by 1 each (increasing weapons from 8 to 10 points max, and everything else from 10 to 12 points max), but currently this doesn't function, so don't waste the materials.

As long as the item has point space for more enchantments, you can still add to it. That goes for existing items too. We're no longer encumbered by the '3 enchants maximum' that the old system had.
*Izariel

Posted by *Izariel »

Oh thank you!!

So just to clarify, I can build a bloodiron great sword for the massive crit and still have 8 enhancting points to mess with it?
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

Izariel wrote:Oh thank you!!

So just to clarify, I can build a bloodiron great sword for the massive crit and still have 8 enhancting points to mess with it?
You won't have 8. If the effect from the material exists already, it'll cost that many points. (So using say, Glassteel for 2d4 acid will take the same amount of points)

Bloodiron doesn't have an equivalent. I think it takes up 1...or 2 points? I don't know exactly. But it should come at a discount vs mighty crits enchants.
*Izariel

Posted by *Izariel »

Ahh thank you for your help. And lastly, do skill enchants stack on the same object. Meaning if I put (for some reason) 10 survival enchants on a helm would I have 5 survical or 50 survival?