Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Do you want Guns?

Total votes: 40
20(50%)
20(50%)

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

YES.

I will make more guns if you wish. I will make bullets, I will make cannons, I will make GNOMISH GEAR but yes.

(have mechanical ideas for it too)
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

I'd rather not.
Guns have a tendency to make all other weapons, and armour, obsolete.
*Ve'keer

Posted by *Ve'keer »

I think if this were to be implemented, it should start extremely primitive as in flintlock: 1 shot per round, 50% chance of misfire, 25% chance it blows up in your face. No auto-guns 8 bullets a round because I can see that getting unrealistic real fast (well I just shot you 8 times in the gut, who cares if it was only 8 damage a piece you've got 8 bullets in your stomach). But I think something like a rifle which fires once a round and does enough damage to make up for it would be realistic. Could also have players rp crafting better guns and improving them but I don't feel comfortable playing with Gatling gun wielding demons, just me though :)
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Guns dont make other armor and weapons obsolete. They follow the same rules for weapons. it be animation and model that be replaced in.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Lucadia is correct. We are safe from Gatling gun demons.

This is more about how the community feels about firearm models becoming more common. Like other weapons, they would have up sides and down sides.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Rayanne wrote:I'd rather not.<br />Guns have a tendency to make all other weapons, and armour, obsolete.
Yeah, I would be the one implementing them, if guns go are voted into the module. I guarantee you, with how much I emphasize balance, that guns won't be rendering other weapons and armor obsolete. :thumbs:
*Izariel

Posted by *Izariel »

Holy nuts yes!!! All kinds if cool hell gun models!!

Okay maybe not. But i agree that they shoukd follow all the rules of every other type of weapon. Like crossbows or whatever.

As to the setting, I agree it needs to be setting specific. Mechanus having steam punk guns makes sense as long as everything is effected by AC the same way.

Aslo as a historical note, flint locks and even weapons up through the civil war era had a hard time breaking ful plate armor. So . . No even hostoricall they don't render magic weapons and armor obsolete. Theyare just another weapon category.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

I'm of the opinion that guns should be rare. So I'd rather not see them become commonly available all of a sudden.

Even if they're balanced (and I imagine they would function similarly to crossbows in that regard), thematically it makes little sense for them to be a common thing imo.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

They be like any other weapon though. Once you can make one, then somebody is able to make antoher. That dont make them a "common" item though. Only a pc that was interested in a mechancial tool ike that would rp having one.