Do you want Guns?

*Ve'keer

Posted by *Ve'keer »

Lucadia wrote:Just adding the models dont allow for any customization. All the ranged weapons are hard coded. Replacing one that had new scripted things allow us to completely customize them.

they also lack the new animations or not look right. Considering a long bow can fire 7 a round easily.
Ahhh you're right, dumb idea. Didn't think about the animation side of it, that would look pretty funny. Nevermind me!
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

A lot of people are rather passionate about this subject. I'd ask everyone refrain from attacking each other and maintain a civil discussion.
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

my big question.. dunno if it was covered, was what type of guns are we talking about.. hand guns/pistols, would be a one handed weapon from what i would think,, while rifles would be two handed, you would essentially need to make several different categories of Firearms in order to fill the want of the people. and this could end up being a bigger project then just adding one gun type into the system. could end up needing new feats for Rapid reloading guns (would think the base one is hard coded) but then also, are using one shot reload pistols. or multi shot loaded guns (revolvers,and such) allot of different factors to take into effect for this.
*DM_Odin

Posted by *DM_Odin »

Some primitive stuff like Musket and Flintlock.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Starwheel pistols too. though theres only like one screen shot of the 8ish models available.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Judging how tied the poll is (and has been for the past couple of days), I actually think it's fair to say that this is something to put back on the shelf and re-visit in the future. Too inconclusive result.

And some guns are already available regardless.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

As a note. some players expressed they wanted change their vote but the poll does not allow so.

Also an indepth explanation of what a change would actually do then these wild ideas it suddenly turn sci fi when the items been available all along. or cant punch through armor
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

So after a week here, it seems that the vote is still tied. I don't think we'll learn more from keeping the poll open indefinitely, so I'm going to close it here.

Thank you everyone for participating! With a 50/50 split, I don't think we'll be seeing any major firearms-related changes in the immediate future.