Player Economny is Broken outdated and bad for RP

*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

El Cept wrote:
Sinlinara wrote:
El Cept wrote:That's how D&D works when your DM does not know hot to balance a Campaign in a Pen and Paper setting(not the server, which other than the above issue is wonderful, again for the record).
Of course a DM in a PnP game can be responsible for a lot of sins, but NWN2 is not a Pen and Paper game. This is not an environment where a DM arbitrates every single encounter for a group of similarly leveled PCs, watch it play out, and hand out XP and Loot. Persistent World servers have their own challenges to deal with that makes balance a complicated task, particularly because it is a persistent environment where you can encounter characters all along the level spectrum and constantly fight a never ending horde of constantly respawning enemies.
This means, among other things, that we have to run things differently since this is a different environment. A reduction on the amount of gold a player can get from selling to vendors is necessary to avoid a massive amount of inflation. Level ranges have to be carefully considered, and the emphasis has to go somewhere; some servers do limit players to low to mid-level characters, but SCoD instead offers characters access to Lv 30 and one of the easiest grinds to that level of any server so for the most part people are on the same playing field.

If you're having difficulty obtaining money, I recommend running through low-level areas that should hopefully be trivial to you past Lv 5. You can get 3-5k on a run through Undersigil, and that should allow you to afford quite a few things.

If you're having difficulty obtaining levels I recommend hiring the services of a bodyguard, which you should be able to afford via the above.

If you're having difficulty selling things to other players, consider if you'd be interested in purchasing a set of non-magical Weapons or Armor as a Lv 20 character in any edition of D&D and under what circumstances you'd do so. I'd also suggest considering if you yourself would approach a bartender and purchase an Ale from them for 300gp.
So basically everything you said there highlights how imbalanced everything is. How obviously it needs a re work and why I not buy an ale for 300 of the lowest possible currency.

It's like paying for a 3$ pint of ale with pennies.

I don't really understand your logic here no offense meant. " If you're having difficulty obtaining money, I recommend running through low-level areas that should hopefully be trivial to you past Lv 5. " - Basically the sever is pointless for anyone below level 5 no challenge / content.

"If you're having difficulty obtaining levels I recommend hiring the services of a bodyguard, which you should be able to afford via the above." It's awful when you have to have someone else run you through a dungeon also falls under cheating on many servers.

I'm not having trouble making money. as you say I have over 10 in jink. I am having trouble affording a sign every reset. I am losing money given that I got most of it from charity.

Anyways you and I will probably never agree on anything. You seem to be one of the thoose types that would defend everything about about your fanfic to the death, unless you yourself made the suggestion.

I don't think we have anything else to discuss no offense. You're not being being helpful simply condescending, and your ears seem to be full of wax, or rather your eyeballs, given it's text.

Dude.