Player Economny is Broken outdated and bad for RP

*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

We are trying find ways to rework the loot and economy system but solutions are sparse right now.

One the biggest disparities is ability to aquire loot at low levels is next to non existant while you may get lucky and get decent haul to sell once you can hunt in lv 25 + area.

and with +5 requipment dirt cheap, that makes potions that give stats irrelevant to be bought.

as for pcs giving charity you may want consider the motivations of the pc in question (ebil, good, neutral).

Right now, theres just not a market for what pcs nd players would consider meer trinkets.
*El Cept

Posted by *El Cept »

Darkrob wrote:Not illegal to say something negative so long as it's respectful. We're all permitted to give our say. We just gotta make sure we're calm and open to discussion
Impossible when you have thought police, policing anything negative as a personal attack against them and everything they ever stood for.

Anyways getting back on track.

I stated what I needed to state. I know full well no one gives a flying crap about it. But at least people know that it's getting annoying.

At the very least can someone address the cost of Merchant place-sables and signs boxes. I've had dms ask me why I don't have an chest for items.

I can't afford them.. at all.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

wrote:I can't afford an alchemist bench item thingy for crafting.

I can't afford a sign and have no sales all day every day, I cant afford a merchant box to sell theese items.

All I can do is adventure and get a few coins. and make up ridiculous rp as to sell a few items here and there.. MOST of which I have sold were given out of charity, then they go and buy and sell from an NPC and spend more coin lose more selling and buying.

That's all I'm trying to say it's starting to get very boring just standing there. And that's not a troll post. It's not saying something to get a reaction. it's not saying I hate the server and everyone here. It's a basic observation of a craptastic experience, like they used to make circa 1998. Before the term TROLL existed and it was not illegal to say something negative.
You don't need an alchemy bench. There's a set of workstations within spitting distance of where you usually stand around. Being in proximity to it is enough, you don't actually need to interact with the benches to craft.

If gold is really a problem, planeswalking is hardly 'rediculous rp'. Lingering in an area to grind? Maybe. Passing through? Not really.

People are buying things from NPCs instead of you, because you aren't offering anything people want or need. Potions are a very niche thing, which...could be argued to be a problem with the alchemy system, sure. But it's not like anyone but you is forcing you to ONLY sell potions. You don't want to craft or enchant? Fine. People have a use for wands, and sometimes scrolls. I actually brought a character around a day or two ago specifically to ask about those, because not very many people openly sell either.

Is the economy a mess? Yeah, I really would say it is. But that isn't why people are passing you over. It also isn't why you're getting 'made fun of' (if that's what's actually happening, I can't say I've seen anything like that - but then I don't spend all day in the bazaar). You're being passed over because you've decided you will ONLY sell ONE kind of thing, and a kind of thing that is not really in demand.

That is not a problem with the server, that's a problem with you. I don't say this with an intent to be rude, it is simply a statement of fact.
*El Cept

Posted by *El Cept »

Lucadia wrote:We are trying find ways to rework the loot and economy system but solutions are sparse right now.

One the biggest disparities is ability to aquire loot at low levels is next to non existant while you may get lucky and get decent haul to sell once you can hunt in lv 25 + area.

and with +5 requipment dirt cheap, that makes potions that give stats irrelevant to be bought.

as for pcs giving charity you may want consider the motivations of the pc in question (ebil, good, neutral).

Right now, theres just not a market for what pcs nd players would consider meer trinkets.
cool.

Thank you for the great reply.

I understand what you're saying, is there anything I can do to help the community in this matter?

*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

El Cept wrote:
Darkrob wrote:Not illegal to say something negative so long as it's respectful. We're all permitted to give our say. We just gotta make sure we're calm and open to discussion
Impossible when you have thought police, policing anything negative as a personal attack against them and everything they ever stood for.

I stated what I needed to state. I know full well no one gives a flying crap about it. But at least people know that it's getting annoying.

At the very least can someone address the cost of Merchant place-sables and signs boxes. I've had dms ask me why I don't have an chest for items.

In your Inventory when you log in, there spawns an Item called a DMFI tool, what i do is place down a Sign, or a parchment on the ground with the DMFI Tool i can edit the name and have it say things like Selling Such and Such and what not, very cost effective and it's what i personally use cause i'm rather cheap myself when it comes to buying chests.
*El Cept

Posted by *El Cept »

Cenerae wrote:
wrote:I can't afford an alchemist bench item thingy for crafting.

I can't afford a sign and have no sales all day every day, I cant afford a merchant box to sell theese items.

All I can do is adventure and get a few coins. and make up ridiculous rp as to sell a few items here and there.. MOST of which I have sold were given out of charity, then they go and buy and sell from an NPC and spend more coin lose more selling and buying.

That's all I'm trying to say it's starting to get very boring just standing there. And that's not a troll post. It's not saying something to get a reaction. it's not saying I hate the server and everyone here. It's a basic observation of a craptastic experience, like they used to make circa 1998. Before the term TROLL existed and it was not illegal to say something negative.
You don't need an alchemy bench. There's a set of workstations within spitting distance of where you usually stand around. Being in proximity to it is enough, you don't actually need to interact with the benches to craft.

If gold is really a problem, planeswalking is hardly 'rediculous rp'. Lingering in an area to grind? Maybe. Passing through? Not really.

People are buying things from NPCs instead of you, because you aren't offering anything people want or need. Potions are a very niche thing, which...could be argued to be a problem with the alchemy system, sure. But it's not like anyone but you is forcing you to ONLY sell potions. You don't want to craft or enchant? Fine. People have a use for wands, and sometimes scrolls. I actually brought a character around a day or two ago specifically to ask about those, because not very many people openly sell either.

Is the economy a mess? Yeah, I really would say it is. But that isn't why people are passing you over. It also isn't why you're getting 'made fun of' (if that's what's actually happening, I can't say I've seen anything like that - but then I don't spend all day in the bazaar). You're being passed over because you've decided you will ONLY sell ONE kind of thing, and a kind of thing that is not really in demand.

That is not a problem with the server, that's a problem with you. I don't say this with an intent to be rude, it is simply a statement of fact.
sorry no.

Because that's not happening at all. What is happening is A person goes up sees what I have for sale. suggests that I need a box /chest none of which I can't afford.

2. Views the items I have. Proceeds to insult my pc with some comment about being poor buys nothing.

3. Goes and sells and or buys from an NPC vendor with similar items/ buying and selling for worse prices.

4. Next customer same thing.

*El Cept

Posted by *El Cept »

edmaster44 wrote:
El Cept wrote:

In your Inventory when you log in, there spawns an Item called a DMFI tool, what i do is place down a Sign, or a parchment on the ground with the DMFI Tool i can edit the name and have it say things like Selling Such and Such and what not, very cost effective and it's what i personally use cause i'm rather cheap myself when it comes to buying chests.
thanks for the helpful reply. Yes I've started listing what I sell on the sign I use.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

El Cept wrote:That's how D&D works when your DM does not know hot to balance a Campaign in a Pen and Paper setting(not the server, which other than the above issue is wonderful, again for the record).
Of course a DM in a PnP game can be responsible for a lot of sins, but NWN2 is not a Pen and Paper game. This is not an environment where a DM arbitrates every single encounter for a group of similarly leveled PCs, watch it play out, and hand out XP and Loot. Persistent World servers have their own challenges to deal with that makes balance a complicated task, particularly because it is a persistent environment where you can encounter characters all along the level spectrum and constantly fight a never ending horde of constantly respawning enemies.
This means, among other things, that we have to run things differently since this is a different environment. A reduction on the amount of gold a player can get from selling to vendors is necessary to avoid a massive amount of inflation. Level ranges have to be carefully considered, and the emphasis has to go somewhere; some servers do limit players to low to mid-level characters, but SCoD instead offers characters access to Lv 30 and one of the easiest grinds to that level of any server so for the most part people are on the same playing field.

If you're having difficulty obtaining money, I recommend running through low-level areas that should hopefully be trivial to you past Lv 5. You can get 3-5k on a run through Undersigil, and that should allow you to afford quite a few things.

If you're having difficulty obtaining levels I recommend hiring the services of a bodyguard, which you should be able to afford via the above.

If you're having difficulty selling things to other players, consider if you'd be interested in purchasing a set of non-magical Weapons or Armor as a Lv 20 character in any edition of D&D and under what circumstances you'd do so. I'd also suggest considering if you yourself would approach a bartender and purchase an Ale from them for 300gp.
*El Cept

Posted by *El Cept »

Sinlinara wrote:
El Cept wrote:That's how D&D works when your DM does not know hot to balance a Campaign in a Pen and Paper setting(not the server, which other than the above issue is wonderful, again for the record).
Of course a DM in a PnP game can be responsible for a lot of sins, but NWN2 is not a Pen and Paper game. This is not an environment where a DM arbitrates every single encounter for a group of similarly leveled PCs, watch it play out, and hand out XP and Loot. Persistent World servers have their own challenges to deal with that makes balance a complicated task, particularly because it is a persistent environment where you can encounter characters all along the level spectrum and constantly fight a never ending horde of constantly respawning enemies.
This means, among other things, that we have to run things differently since this is a different environment. A reduction on the amount of gold a player can get from selling to vendors is necessary to avoid a massive amount of inflation. Level ranges have to be carefully considered, and the emphasis has to go somewhere; some servers do limit players to low to mid-level characters, but SCoD instead offers characters access to Lv 30 and one of the easiest grinds to that level of any server so for the most part people are on the same playing field.

If you're having difficulty obtaining money, I recommend running through low-level areas that should hopefully be trivial to you past Lv 5. You can get 3-5k on a run through Undersigil, and that should allow you to afford quite a few things.

If you're having difficulty obtaining levels I recommend hiring the services of a bodyguard, which you should be able to afford via the above.

If you're having difficulty selling things to other players, consider if you'd be interested in purchasing a set of non-magical Weapons or Armor as a Lv 20 character in any edition of D&D and under what circumstances you'd do so. I'd also suggest considering if you yourself would approach a bartender and purchase an Ale from them for 300gp.
So basically everything you said there highlights how imbalanced everything is. How obviously it needs a re work and why I not buy an ale for 300 of the lowest possible currency.

It's like paying for a 3$ pint of ale with pennies.

I don't really understand your logic here no offense meant. " If you're having difficulty obtaining money, I recommend running through low-level areas that should hopefully be trivial to you past Lv 5. " - Basically the sever is pointless for anyone below level 5 no challenge / content.

"If you're having difficulty obtaining levels I recommend hiring the services of a bodyguard, which you should be able to afford via the above." It's awful when you have to have someone else run you through a dungeon also falls under cheating on many servers.

I'm not having trouble making money. as you say I have over 10 in jink. I am having trouble affording a sign every reset. I am losing money given that I got most of it from charity.

Anyways you and I will probably never agree on anything. You seem to be one of the thoose types that would defend everything about about your fanfic to the death, unless you yourself made the suggestion.

I don't think we have anything else to discuss no offense. You're not being being helpful simply condescending, and your ears seem to be full of wax, or rather your eyeballs, given it's text.

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Topic locked.