Time to leave

*Tingly

Posted by *Tingly »

It's 'getting out of hand' if I point out that your original claims about being ignored were BS? I know the DM responded to you, and you've admitted that. I also know that as soon as the group was moved, they went '(One second, gotta let that guy know what he sees)'. I think you owe them an apology.

I respect that you may have other complaints entirely, but you've made them in the shadow of this event and that reflects on the person who was running it unfairly. If anyone wants to talk about something else, a new topic would be appropriate.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

It only takes one person to request an event. Or maybe the dm or staff had idea of just a public event that was anncouned from a faction. We been trying to get more faction stuff going for years. Your suggestion what about random events? Thats pretty much what the server has had for past 2 years.

Also level should have no factor in what is considered valid roleplay requests. Everyone has the same rights as anyone else .
*Dr_Shadelore

Posted by *Dr_Shadelore »

Tingly that comment was completely uncalled for.
*Tingly

Posted by *Tingly »

It absolutely was called for. You've been erroneously linking someone to all your personal baggage with the server. Clearly you've never had someone do something like that to you, if you think there's nothing wrong with it.
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

All righty, going to have to lock the topic. If there needs to be further discussion, I encourage parties take it to PMs. :D
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

Hi! I'm going to comment on this thread, because it has successfully made me feel deeply sad, and I wish for no one else to feel like this over something small. I wish to clarify quite a few things because this is absolutely not how to end or leave a server. No one should have to feel hurt and abused enough to take their frustrations out publicly over the forums, and I certainly want to set things straight instead of letting people grow bitter. I would never wish or intend to be a cause for such problems, especially over strictly IC things, which this was.

Firstly, I apologize if any of my words here come out blunt. I am not the best at articulating tangible emotion in the form of text very well, but I am doing this with my most heartfelt intentions and hoping to keep things civil. I hope this is understood and words would not be taken out of context. If words are indeed taken out of context, I apologize for that as well. :)

Secondly, I do owe you an apology Shadelore. I apologize I hadn't seen the one tell you sent me, nor do I know what it said at this moment either. I was dealing with 10+ players coming to an event, all talking and rping very well and of course deserving of recognition, just as you are with your rp. Honestly I commend you for sticking to how your character acts, thats shows a strong rp quality to me. I'm sure by being a DM yourself at one point in the nwn2 community you can understand how the chat window gets flooded fast, Shadelore. Not to mention how every person wants to go a mile a minute and trying to get spotlight. I've certainly been on both of those sides of the spectrum at one point or another. So I deeply apologize for not catching your tell. Please, contact me if I ever go without a response for long in an event, I most likely missed something.

Though I have to wonder why you did not, at any other point, attempt to reach out to me after that, or that you say you were reprimanded over this, or that I ignored you. Because in fact, I had the NPC speak to Jareth twice to try and assure things, while keeping their own character traits intact. And as Cookie himself gave a reason that the Sensates would know how to rescue someone from a sensory stone, the NPC believed it was time to begin the event. Seeing as I felt that sufficient, given that we had, and I stress, 10+ people waiting as well. But not only that, but as the other characters were sucked into the stone, I came back to tell you what your character would see, given that he didn't join them for IC reasons. And nor did I reprimand you, given this is the first response I am making since I never got any other message about this other than a tell that I missed.

As for the obviously sensate theme. Its a long term goal to pick up faction traffic again, and I have been doing my best along with college classes and having shoddy internet to be able to give people a more diverse and interesting setting to roleplay in. Granted most requests asked me as of late I'm not too able to do, given it was school time or ass-hat internet. I've after all,not been a DM here long but been experienced on the EM side of things. Recently I've completed this semester's finals and I wanted (Should internet connection permit, and it did) to run a faction themed and open event for people to play. Normally I don't get such a large player turn out and mainly only expected the sensate players to come with some other stragglers. But Sensates were just this events theme as I had a particular idea that I thought would be fun for the day. I am though, proud of the people that came anyways and wish to say thank you to everyone who did come out!

In short, please, I am willing to talk anything over! This game shouldn't be a reason to ruin a night over and I'd be more than glad to help come to an understanding between each other, and others. And I'm sure the other DMs here share my sentiment. If there is any other problems, please talk to us! A little bit of patience and sympathy can go a long way. If anyone needs something, please contact me to talk.

Shadelore, if you still wish to leave the server I am sad to see you go but I wish you luck regardless in finding a suitable place to play. I apologize to have brought this and you will be missed.

And with that, this thread will remain closed.