Time to leave

*Artifice

Posted by *Artifice »

I have to admit that I know where you're coming from. This is one of two events I've got to be a part of in the many years I've had on SCOD, and I've had rejections for all of my ideas in the past. It sucks. I think there are a few of us who've had to just accept we don't get DM time to develop our characters, and do it all ourselves.

It's compounded when players who frequently get to join events tell you that you're doing it wrong as well. We stick to our characters because there's no alternative. You can't bend your character and ruin your own development, when your own development is all you'll ever get on SCOD.

Edited to add: I don't mean to be rude and thank you to Witchinghour for running the event I'm currently a part of. But if I pretend there isn't a problem, well, things are never going to get better.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

First time an event sponsered by a faction been called in a very long time that was wholey open to any player to particpate. Dont you think your being a bit harsh accusing the dm team of catering to one faction?

Oh and when events sponsered by factions happen, the player base does tend to play the pc that belongs to that faction. Many of us have alts that belong to more then one faction, so when one is called, its nice to show support for it or bring together ic interactions.

Events like this is actuay what brings players together for sigil faction dynamics.
*Tingly

Posted by *Tingly »

I'm a little confused, because this is a reaction to a large, public event, which seems like the antithesis of "a select few who get the attention around that particular DM's PC". That it wasn't specifically advertised on the forum doesn't change that, in my mind.

As for individual character development, there are different kinds of events; that's very hard to do in a large event, where that means you may be taking time away from the whole of the large group. That kind of event has to be handled in broad strokes or people are being left behind.

If you want an event that advances your character's story with a lot of attention to detail about them, it's worth getting to know your friendly EMs and DMs and seeing if you can arrange something with them in an event that likely has a smaller group and can afford to be more reactive.
*Dr_Shadelore

Posted by *Dr_Shadelore »

That being the case, if a character (Such as mine) Who's an indep, likes getting his dirty little paws into everything, asks for a little assurance, then surely if it is promoting cross faction dynamics, wouldn't there be an acceptance towards a member of that faction? My character openly wears his badge (Check Bio's) It doesn't distract from the fac t that, clearly, there's a problem with independant character development and I think myself and Artifice speak for those who feel the same as we do. There is a Problem.

As for being left behind? If upon reading my earlier posts one might notice that because I was RP'ing my character per his faction/ disposition, he was the one left behind. So on that point, you're correct.
*phantomhermit

Posted by *phantomhermit »

Sad to see you go. *hugs* We had some good times. ((this is xangelscarx, btw))

~Song~

A bud has burst on the upper bough
(The linnet sang in my heart today);
I know where the pale green grasses show
By a tiny runnel, off the way,
And the earth is wet.
(A cuckoo said in my brain: “Not yet.”)

I nabbed the fly in a briar rose
(The linnet to-day in my heart did sing);
Last night, my head tucked under my wing,
I dreamed of a green moon-moth that glows
ThroÂ’ ferns of June.
(A cuckoo said in my brain: “So soon?”)

Good-bye, for the pretty leaves are down
(The linnet sang in my heart today);
The last gold bit of uplandÂ’s mown,
And most of summer has blown away
ThroÂ’ the garden gate.
(A cuckoo said in my brain: “Too late.”)

- Trumbull Stickney, 1874-1904
*Dr_Shadelore

Thankyou Angel, we did :) *Hugs* Stay frosty buddy.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Yeah. We had a bit over 10 people for the Public Event, didn't really expected that much o.O, was going to leave myself cause I know how over whelming it is when there is that many people typing and emoting and role playing all at once, if you claim too be a Former DM, do try to give a bit more Understanding! :wub: , it ain't easy when you crash often too cause of an Unstable Client on top of doing something Faction Related and Somewhat Public, this was one of those rare cases of "Wow, only expected the Factioneers too come not every one!" Which having know before hand, i would of hopped on DM Client as well too assist.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

The Indep experiece is being treated poorly but IC you walked into a factions house who are in bounds to do what they wish inside that. If your character feels they was not assured of their safety thant is that pcs progitive to turn around and not participate in a faction started event. Both sides was right here in playing their roles, not that you was ignored.

and if foul and harm was come from the event, well that be every pcs preogitive to see that faction get bad reputation ..if they survived
*Dr_Shadelore

I do understand it but if it was factioneer based why not state that on the forums? It returns to my original point. Over the last couple of months alone I've noticed a higher than average amount of events run for one faction while other player from other factions are being left in the dust. I've never seen an event run for the Bleakers for instance. I was merely voicing my opinion before I depart but if the suggestions of a player on the server are going to be left unheard then I believe this topic is going around in circles and should maybe be locked.

I'm not going to leave on a bad note because I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on Sigil. Thankyou all for the Rp, the grinding, the fun. I hope the server persists and I wish everyone well. Thankyou again and be well.
*Mick64

Posted by *Mick64 »

Not to make a comment about your experience, because I wasn't there, but this is partly why I haven't done any events with more then 5-6 players in years. It's pretty much impossible to have anything meaningful happen character-wise when there are too many people. But I don't blame the DMs, because I've been on the other side and I don't see how it would be possible to do better. So I just avoid events of this size, both as a DM and a player.