Shattering Blows Feat

*churros

Posted by *churros »

Was wondering on the specifics of what the new monk shattering blows feat is supposed to do. It doesn't seem to have an effect during combat. The feat description is very vague as well.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

From what I can gather, it's supposed to strip the hostile from their damage resistances and/or reductions (which are two different things in NWN2 terms), if you land two successful Shattering Blow strikes in a row at a foe, thus opening them up to greater damage potential. Of course if you can already go through their DR then there won't be a whole lot of additional effect to be seen. I don't even know if it's an active or passive ability to make further deduction.

I'll let people who've actually tried or followed its build process to define the specifics better.
*Mick64

Posted by *Mick64 »

It is a passive effect that strips physical DR from anything the monk hits with two unarmed strikes in one round. The effect lasts 3 rounds, but can be re-applied.

Do note that you need to be wearing gloves for it to work.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Clarified it to wiki.
*churros

Posted by *churros »

It doesn't appear to be working on my monk. Unarmed strikes with gloves still incur damage resistance. Even with feat requirements being met.
*Mick64

Posted by *Mick64 »

Please post on the bug reports forum with full details. Your build, what gloves you are using, what creatures you have tried it on.