Merchant display limit

*Taihou

Posted by *Taihou »

Dear people,

Since last my attempt to host a store, I had noticed, that someone got a "brilliant" idea to limit maximum items in display chest to 100.

I would like to ask for an explanation to why that was done and if possible to revert things back, as they were.

Otherwise, it leads to unnecessary expenses to those, willing to trade, in form of need to buy more chests, than necessary and which is the most annoying, 30% more bags of holding to keep all those items separately.

This is outrageous!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Lets not get overly dramatic.

The merchant tool never did have more than 100 as a limit, so there's no "reverting back" to what didn't exist. Containers otherwise can have up to 142 items just fine, as you've no doubt noticed.

As for why? Because the script creates "new items" which just happen to be duplicates, 100 of them in a go. It was deemed that this was enough and any more wouldn't be great for performance. DMs have tools to duplicate 142 items, but that can cause slight lag spikes, but it is isolated by the lower number of people able to do it.

Sorry if you feel differently.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Anything over 100 has always been buggy. Right from day one. If they went ahead and fixed it, then this would go a long way in preventing issues unaware of the 'over 100 items on display' bug. As for extra chests, it's only a few hundred gold. For the disturbing amount of coin merchants make, a few hundred gold is hardly anything to complain about.
*Taihou

Posted by *Taihou »

Well, then either my memory may be terribly cheating me or system simply for some reason worked for me not as it was intended.

In any case, if you are saying, it never was other way, then no problems.

Still, 42% is rather large amount. *sigh*