The saga continues (ghoul claws and more)

*AcolyteChronomancer

Posted by *AcolyteChronomancer »

So as I said, I finally found some ghoul claws. I hit the grind and got all the gold I needed to make this golem, then I realized I had to be an eighth level caster to do it. I am lvl 7, 6 wizard and one demonologist. "No problem", I say to myself. I hit the grind again and bam, level eight. Head to the mortuary and buzz! It says I do not have the skills or caster level required. I went through the listing of everything I needed repeatedly. So I am thinking demonologist levels do not count toward my caster levels. This is a bummer, cause I had this whole cool build all worked out and I was planning on using prestige classes to qualify for other prestige classes. Namely lich. So I guess long story cut short... Do all prestige classes not count your caster levels for crafting and were I to rely on prestige class caster levels would I ultimately be unable to take the lich class?

Edit: I found where it says about the prestige classes not letting you go into a prestige class. But does this extend to crafting caster levels as well?
*AcolyteChronomancer

Posted by *AcolyteChronomancer »

So I guess what I am asking here now is, do caster levels from prestige classes count as caster levels for the purpose of item creation?
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Iv a question since you say you was working toward making a golem but going into demonologist? Out of curiosity.

I know we got golem full caster enchanters out there and MT works with it personally.

Also did you rest after taking your levels?
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

I'll poke around on the test server to see what's up after I've had some coffee.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Enchanting items (I can't verify for the golem crafting) should count prestige classes, practiced caster alongside with normal caster levels. What are you trying to enchant/craft and what's going to be your full build/what is it currently?
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

So I tested this out with a Wizard 6 / Demonologist 2 build and experienced the same issue you had, however after taking a third level of Demonologist it worked just fine.

I believe the reason for this is because Demonologist is supposed to give you a CL increase at every level except for 3rd, 6th, and 9th, but I suspect that it is for some reason deciding to not give you an increase at 2nd and increases at 3rd instead.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Sorry I'm late to this topic, but I can confirm that Wizard (15), Demonologist (10), Golemancer (5) does work. As I had one in the past.

This may help confirm Sinlinara's suspicion?

EDIT : I apologize in advance if I didn't quite grasp the topic in full, but I gather one of the questions where asked on two PrC's, and if it's possible to take two in one sheet. So I'm clearing that up a bit more.