Ghoul Claws

*AcolyteChronomancer

Posted by *AcolyteChronomancer »

So, according to the felsh golem book you require a ghoul claw in order to make one as well as a few other things. The wiki lists ghoul claws as available in Oinos as an essence providing item. But I have been in Oinos for at least two hours, and no ghouls. Ghast after ghast after ghast. Are there ghouls? Or am I missing something? Someone with more knowledge please help?
*[<3]

Posted by *[<3] »

You're right, Ghast Claws are quite common, but Ghouls are harder to come across.

It took my golem mistress six or seven runs through the deep caves of Oinos to come cross a single ghoul to acquire its claw and construct her flesh golem. But they are there.

On a sidenote, unsummoning golems is still buggy. I chose to refrain from crafting more golems til this is fixed, it's a bit annoying to have your expensive constructs perish due to not being able to dismiss them before they go down.

*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

If I remember correctly, Ghouls are one of those mobs that stop spawning past a certain level.

I remember this being discussed at some point previously but after about half an hour of searching I can't seem to find the thread in question. I have some vague notion of this being kept as-is with the intent of requiring high level crafters to enlist the services of low level characters, but I also distinctively remembered playing Diablo 3 with a specific friend at launch only to be informed years later when he purchased and began playing the game for the first time that I had somehow fabricated very vivid memories of playing with said friend.
*AcolyteChronomancer

Posted by *AcolyteChronomancer »

Well thanks to both of you. I figured something out, and got ghouls. I guess I really just needed the "Yes ghouls are real" pep talk.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Spawns come in 3 tiers as they get tougher with you. Ghouls are the lowest/weakest "mini-boss" enemies in the Oinos which you'll only see as a low level character without custom difficulty settings or when the difficulty is set to clueless.

I'm not sure the reason is to enlist low level players necessarily as much as using existing things. But sure I'll go with the "needing" low level players help :P I'd go with "excuse to employ them" more like.