Thoughts abut Discord servers in nwn2?

*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

I'll Tell you what I think, then you can tell the rest here in turn your own opinion. I shall respect it, and wont check back on this thread as it will only contradict what I am about to say.

See, I have formed some, misjudged opinions on others in the nwn2 community over the course of many months. I got a chip on my shoulder, yeah I admit it. Honestly I think we are better without it as a whole. here's why...

It's all OOC there, and we are tempted to talk about IC stuff when it does happen. as it's fun to talk about stuff you are enjoying, and vent things you dislike there to each other in private, it eventually goes public.

It's all rumors, one side story that upsets the whole community in the end. I think, if we focus on the IC and away from the OOC communication, we will be alright.

Don't be afraid to post IC updates in your sect and faction boards.. here's a quote for you all...

“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

So with that said, as criminal as John Gotti was. he didn't care about conflict, as he saw it, he would win the day. and when under pressure he keep his cool and was able to think, and adapt due to his confidence.

I think if we all stay confident with our RP, showing our true colors in a subtle way, we will be alright :)

Dropping hints here and there IC about your characters agendas is one step closer to doing this right.

The first step is to not pay attention to the OOC, and it's tempting channels of access, and focus on the IC.

A possibility for the staff here, you all could create a forum group for sects and player groups to communicate IC back and forth with ideas, so they can resort less to the OOC channels when in private RP?

For reference of John Gotti:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gotti
wrote: John Gotti (October 27, 1940 – June 10, 2002) was an Italian-American gangster who became boss of the powerful Gambino crime family in New York City. Gotti and his brothers grew up in poverty and turned to a life of crime at an early age. Gotti quickly rose to prominence, becoming one of the crime family's biggest earners and a protégé of Gambino family underboss Aniello Dellacroce, operating out of the Ozone Park neighborhood of Queens.
Overall I shall remain in the IC channels of access, and stay away from the OOC. I need to clear myself from what happened in the past OOC, and form a new opinion IC, and IC only.

I think many others may need to do the same n turn.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

one last bit...

Afraid of conflict IC from RP is a state of OOC Nirvana of it's own.

Keep your options open with your RP, and be willing to adapt.

If your afraid of conflict and change your not immersed enough in your RP. Gain confidence in yourself and RP, don't be afraid to hide the nature of your character, and change them.

This shows your acceptance.

If you don't agree with me, I ask... is it OOC drive, or IC that compels your RP?

I can tell you this much... I'm open to IC change.

I only fear the OOC from others. Which has shown my confidence in some of you... but I have faith in you all.

I think it's time I set the example here with the current state some of us are in, change approaches :)

Only took me a year and a half of RP to figure this out.

I might have garbled that up a bit, if confused click the link bellow.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/nwn2planescap ... 625/1/#new