[UPDATED] Back in the saddle

*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

I have a lot to do around my new apartment before Christmas now that Thanksgiving is over. A perfect opportunity to take a step back from the computer, relax, and reassess.

I'll be off and on the computer, NWN2 is not may main primary focus right now as I tend to get locked in when I get in the groove, but I know I have some RP locked in with some, so if I am needed or really wanted? I can do it over Forum interaction preferably.

Anyhow, I hope the rest of you all have a happy holidays and will be back after the new years I expect.

See you all later!
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

I changed my mind, here is why...

There has been some slight turmoil on all servers across inevitably due to many players across all servers. In a small community like NWN2, nasty whispers and rumors travel fast here.

On the side, I only wanted to say, SCoD server is fine, i'm sure as are many. Folks like myself, just needed to calm the heck down!

I'm not play a "woe is me!" here, just being realistic. I have heard some nasty rumors regarding SCoD and many other servers. I guess now I'm asking, are they really all true?

As I once heard, and seems true some what. "NWN2 players don't quit, they migrate." now here's my spin on things, did you really think I was gone when on Skullport server actively?

I'm not play a "woe is me!" here, just being realistic. I have heard some nasty rumors regarding Skullport, SCoD, and many other servers now affected. I guess now I'm asking, are they really all true?

So, believe what you will. And every hating, and degrading statement that bothers you so deeply and personally, to the point it only makes it worse for yourself and others around you. the community is not dying if we can take in what we know, and try to fix it.

I have bashed many, Staff, DM's, EM's, and players. If I could retract every venomous statement I put out there, then I would. I'm willing to start over when others are willing. I expect that from the rest, as the rumors are not by me alone, are probably not true due to lack of understanding.

Perhaps the other was tired of the rumors too before hand? It not only affects us in SCoD, but it affects all NWN2 servers around us, across all the servers. The only way we can help the server, and the community, is by helping ourselves. This is the best, and possibly only action, is to do just that, if you truly are worried about the death of the community. If not, you might as well be part of the problem, to soon be weeded out.

With all that said, and others know it, why have I not gotten banned? It's because I didn't break any rules, that goes for two NWN2 servers thus far.

*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

And! I am drunk it seems, didn't feel it till just now, I'm sure I confused a lot of you with the above. Disregard!
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

I...am not sure about Skullport (never been there), nor the "rumors" (I don't know any), but I can definitely jump on board with your own idea of NOT writing when you're drunk :P.

Said that, tap into the Dustman (I mean the less emotional side) within you: roll with the punches, don't worry about the community as a whole, but try to make the playtime of those around you as fun as possible, and especially...enjoy the game. Just have fun.

I don't have very much time to play these days, but whenever I do, I love to log in: Sigil is a really good server, the staff is exceptionally helpful and caring, and the players I had the luck to interact with are top-notch roleplayers.

Enjoy, and see you online!