NWN - Enhanced Edition

*NuBahamut

Posted by *NuBahamut »

Looks like Beamdog is bringing NWN1 back to life. Could be interesting!

NWN - Enchanced Edition
FAQ
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Yeah, i spoke with a few nwn1 modders and they are really excited about it too, I'm going to pick up a copy sooner or later.
*vivallion

Posted by *vivallion »

What? YES, i want to do this.
*Taihou

Posted by *Taihou »

Few minor interface tweaks, attach a tag "enhanced" and voila - 15 year old game is being sold again for fourty green american bucks. Honestly there is spirit of this man haunting around ...

*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

20 bucks actually! ItÂ’s more than just graphics tweak
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

The modders' tools are really the good part about this, and the bug fixes. That said, the graphics update is meh. Eventually, I'm sure I'll spend $20 on it, but I'm getting bored of Beamdog just remaking games and expansions to games.
*TheShadowWithen

Posted by *TheShadowWithen »

The big thing i herd from the Streams was that they will be un-Hardcoding some things like being able to add New spellbooks and stuff into it
*Red the Rogue

Posted by *Red the Rogue »

I've been playing around with it ever since I got the Head Start public release. It's much, much more than just "minor interface tweaks". Countless hours have been spent trying to get the old game to run, and on my modern rig only 50% of each attempt to launch would result in not crashing right out the gate. GOG's build was worse than the preserved 2005 install I had from the old Windows XP days in my experience.

This one? Downloaded it and ran it, worked 100% right out of the box. Alt-tab friendly, CPU isn't screaming from running legacy stuff, High Contrast setting, working master server and server list, and the chance to finally buy and own the last three premium modules was enough for me to buy into it and support it. Of course, this is just the first public pre-release build, but they've already got things like toggleable combat modes (NWN2 style) coming up as well as a slew of other good features.

Most of the work can be seen for those focused on building, with new script functions and what not. The toolset itself still needs updated, but the new functionality for modules is a real blessing already.
*NuBahamut

Posted by *NuBahamut »

I'm really hoping they'll be able to make it support better art. I think there are more than enough hobby modders around to make/convert HD models and textures if the game can handle it.
*vivallion

Posted by *vivallion »

Thoguh..i'm wondering what the -current- servers on NWN1 will do about this, since you cannot cross-connect.