Proxies

*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

rapsam2003 wrote:Plus, Factions should be evolving, if needed. We already have an example of this on the Server, technically, when the Indeps took over more responsibility and began hiring/training their own security for the Bazaar. That was rather organically occurring, through events and RP.
Evolution through IC actions and in general shaping the world through RP are actually the most attractive of scenarios for me to play through, and I believe for many others as well.

There is only a risk, the one I mentioned before: sometimes, the changes are less favorable than desired for a faction, a player or both...and yet, they need to be not only accepted, but embraced as RP opportunities for the good of the whole PW.

Conflict, when devoid of OOC drama, is the source of the most memorable RP moments. And, as well, a character's fall can be a new, exciting beginning for the character itself, for the player (if the character dies and somehow stays dead), or both (if the fall brings new, exciting developments for the fallen).
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Melmoth wrote:Conflict, when devoid of OOC drama, is the source of the most memorable RP moments.
Though if you do want the most memorable moments (RP or not), add some OOC drama and people will be talking about it for years :P
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

Mr_Otyugh wrote:
Melmoth wrote:Conflict, when devoid of OOC drama, is the source of the most memorable RP moments.
Though if you do want the most memorable moments (RP or not), add some OOC drama and people will be talking about it for years :P
Yeah...but that's more on the "or not" side of it... :D
*phantomhermit

Posted by *phantomhermit »

The most lively rp i have ever had was some dustmen rp.

My character dressed the part and acted the part, and effectively rp'd his way into a faction story line sneaky-like. We were not asked to present our badges. It was just assumed I was a dusty, both ic and ooc.

I was not out to trick anyone. I just let the rp go where it wanted to, and followed it along it's merry way.

Long story short: I LOVE faction rp. The only problem?

It is not at all easily accessible, and when an event is run with a single faction in-mind, it ends up being a premade.

vvvvv

>>>>>----Spontaneous events that let "outsiders" (in the social sense) experience factions with plot hooks for joining said faction, without being necessarily a recruitment event,is my idea for revitalizing the faction rp.----<<<<<

^^^^

[[edited to add emphasis with abstract characters. got a bit out of hand. leaving as is. :) hope you do not mind my graffiti]]
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

I didnt realize faction events even happened for people to feel left out. If once a year is tooo much???
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

I don't see faction events as necessarily exclusive, though it can certainly happen when private business needs handling.

A faction event doesn't even need to be presented as such: it could just be that one or more members of a particular faction try to perform a deed in order to further the faction's interests, and that others join them for reasons of their own, at times without knowing what the master plan behind it is.

In this fashion, faction events don't even "need" to be rare. A very important point, in my opinion, is the way events are requested: it is one thing to go to the DM team and request an event, and another thing altogether to present one's own idea to the DMs and ask them for support with it.

I find the second type tends to be more rewarding for players and DMs alike.