New Player Issues With Downloading Client

*vheart

Posted by *vheart »

Hi guys. I just discovered this today. I love the Planescape setting and I've recently purchased NWN2 from GOG.

However now that the multiplayer servers are down, I am unable to click on multiplayer and start the download, as per instructions under the new player section. I've also tried another link that someone posted to download the client, which basically leads to gibberish and I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out what to do.

Could someone please give me current instructions on how to download whatever I need to to be able to connect. Thank you.
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

Hey vheart,

welcome to the server!

You should do the following:

1) Log into NWN2
2) Click on Multiplayer, give yourself a Login nickname and a (now useless) password
3) Proceed to click on Direct Connect, and write in the Server ID space scod.game-server.cc no password required (leave the second space blank)
4) At this point, the server will be found and you'll start the content download. It's a very big module, with lots of areas, custom classes, feats and what-have-you, so it might take a while :)

In case you have issues with point 4), you should check first and foremost your HD space. If you have enough, then follow what Mimi said in this thread (and do it after exiting NWN2 completely):
http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... opic=17160

It helped me too :).

Have fun, and see you online!
*vheart

Posted by *vheart »

Omg thank you so so much!!! It's downloading now. I am so excited. I'll be playing this before even playing nwn2 itself. I mean Forgotten Realms is cool but Planescape is the best ever!! I also see psion is a class. I love psionics! This is gonna be so good!! Hope to see you guys online soon.
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

And you shall, bold vheart...you shall :P

glad to be of assistance :).

If you have any other issue, let us know and we'll help.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Oh you're in for a disappointment if you're new to NWN2! :lol: Alright I'm being a little unfair for game I've put thousands of hours into, but you'll come to notice that it has certainly room for improvement and is a little dated. Luckily its best feature is to allow making own servers with an autonomy and customization, which makes it one of the best of its kind.

Welcome to the server by the way!

As Melmoth said, feel free to ask when you get any questions.
*vheart

Posted by *vheart »

Thank you. I've played NWN1 so I kinda know what to expect. Plus Baldurs Gate 2 is one of my favourite games of all time and graphics aren't my top priority when it comes to gaming. Plus I love Planescape so much I'll gobble up anything.

I seem to have run into a snag with the downloads. I'm up to the music and maps part and it's giving me an error saying "unable to download ps_area_outlands-caves.trx from any supplied location. Contact server administrator".

Any clues on what I should do?
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Yeah the auto-downloader is a tad borked. This post has the details:http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... p=40024679
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

vheart,Oct 25 2017 wrote: Thank you. I've played NWN1 so I kinda know what to expect. Plus Baldurs Gate 2 is one of my favourite games of all time and graphics aren't my top priority when it comes to gaming. Plus I love Planescape so much I'll gobble up anything.

I seem to have run into a snag with the downloads. I'm up to the music and maps part and it's giving me an error saying "unable to download ps_area_outlands-caves.trx from any supplied location. Contact server administrator".

Any clues on what I should do?
Yes, absolutely!

That's the problem I described in my email.

Check the thread :).

Basically, you'll have to open your NWN2 documents and copy the module in the appropriate directory while being logged off NWN2 itself. Easy and quick, and then you're basically ready (small additional download with the newest additions).
*vheart

Posted by *vheart »

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't read that link, my bad lol.

It sort of solved the problem but now there's another. This time the file name it cannot locate is mus_bat_ps_cata.bmu

Any ideas?
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... opic=16811

Even more links then! That should be under the 'music'.

I guess I'm going to have to make a new compilation thread with instructions in near future.