Hello And Newbie Questions

*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

Few more questions...
1) Any way back to OOC room except waiting for server reset?
2) Wings... on brachina\succubi characters. To get rid of them (I dislike its animation) you should just not ask any wing-related fixes, right?
3) Each time I run the game, first I need to login using my name\password (click multiplayer button from main menu)... wait for about a minute to have the message that (bioware) login server is down... any way to skip this step?

Add:
4) Is it possible to change face\hair style for existing character?
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

#1 - Change the capitalization of your login name. So if your in game login name is "konst3d" relog as "Konst3d". Though using this to avoid legitimate IC problems would constitute as exploiting game mechanics, so only use it for fixing mechanical issues or if you just have a need for OOC room mechanics. Appearance changers exist in Civic Festhall as well, you didn't ask that, but I'm answering under assumption that very new players may not be aware of it and would possibly do this instead of just walking there.

#2 - As far as I know, currently there's no way to get rid of them? But you could just use changeself to get pretty much the same appearance without wings anyway.

#3 - From bugs and errors - Self Help thread:
wrote:
Mr_Otyugh,Jan 16 2012 wrote:Skipping Bioware Login Waiting

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ There is a file named "Hosts" with no extension on it (and yes... etc is also a folder, not meant for you to work out the rest of the path). Open it in notepad. Add:

#skip community login
0.0.0.0 nw2master.bioware.com
0.0.0.0 nwn2.master.gamespy.com

Make sure there's couple blank spaces between this and the previous text in there.

Start up NWN 2: No more waiting time on multiplayer logging in.

Note: For Windows Vista or Windows 7 users, you'll likely be required to copy the hosts file and edit the copy rather than the original file, then cut and paste the original file somewhere else.
#4 - For those we do have a forum:http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... owforum=75 : so it is all manual work.
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

In fact I was interested in OOC room for deleting one of my characters. As far as I know, you can only do this here?
Thanks a lot for answers!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Yep, OOC room is currently the only in game mechanic for deleting characters. Admins could do it too.
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

I've created new character, she has Brachina levels, wiki says this:
wrote:Note: After creating your character, go immediately to the Styx Oarsman and request a tint fix. This will prevent a perma loose of your wings later.
However I don't see anything like this in Oarsman's dialogue options, the wiki page is out of date?
Or this only works for just created, 1st level characters?
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

So... natural weapons. :)
I've noticed this cool feature of the server. But I don't really understand, how it works.
I've created a Hezrou character, a kobold like creature in OOC room granted me a pair of claws and a bite. Quite impressive damage for first level character. But I think to level 10+ anyone will have much better weapon options - EB, elemeental\energy damage, on hit effects, etc...
Any way to enchant your claws\bites? Or probably you can request an enhanced version of it from the kobold (Clawson?).

P.S.
BTW, will slaads return as a playable race?
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

I'm just going to admit that I know incredibly little of how the special races work for the most parts, since I play them very little. x) So haven't really responded to the creature weapons or the wings thing as I don't have a ready answer... I guess I'll have to get familiar with them if no one else have a ready answer.

As for the slaad, currently the special races have been kind of put on shelf since as a focus they are "unhealthy" for the server so to speak, great addition definitely, but many of the species not already selectable are kind of niche and good for fairly few players. Where as areas, classes and new systems can have a much larger impact to the playerbase at large. In conclusion: they're coming, but probably not in the near future.
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

I already discovered an answer - Fang Clawson can upgrade your natural weapons once you have high enough level. So yesterday he replaced my 2d8 bite with 2d10. Not really that big upgrade, but better then nothing. :)
Anyway, my hezrou uses dual scimitars, not claws and bites, so it's mostly just a curiosity. :)