Hello And Newbie Questions

*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

Hello everybody, my name is konst3d and I just joined the server.
I'm not a great roleplayer myself, I mostly enjoy exploring, PvE and character building, but respect those who are.
And... a couple of questions. :)
1) Does Favored Souls spell DC on the server is WIS based or CHA?
2) Does Spirit Shamans spell DC on the server is CHA based or WIS?
3) Does re\deleveling with styx water resets character quests, so you can run them once again for xp?
4) Do you lose your gear when re\deleveling with styx water?
5) There are a list of enchantments recipes on server wiki, and all of them require some caster level. So for none-caster characters enchantment is not available?
6) Newbie guide says I shouldn't spent my money on NPC merchants and rather save it for player merchants. Where I can find these player merchants?
7) Where is Gray Wastes portal exactly? I spent about half an our trying to find it - no luck. I have obsidian in my inventory. :)
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

1) Wisdom based.
2) Charisma based.
3) re/deleveling doesn't. Remaking should, there is a way to reset them though. Can be used illegitimately so I'm using white color: By changing capitalization of your login name, you can reset quest making.
4) No. Although if you no longer are qualified by UMD or class restrictions to wield an item, they'd become unequipped, which can lead to complications. Also this reply so far only covers de/releveling, not remaking. If you are remaking, you'd need someone to keep your items for you.
5) Correct.
6) Most are around the Great Bazaar, and generally have some kind of sign or loads of chests infront of them. There aren't one always available, though usually during peak hours there's one out there. If there aren't any around at the time, and there are still people around the Bazaar, usually most planewalkers have some excess gear they're willing to part from if you just make known what kind of things you're looking for.
7) It is in the Great Bazaar map, between the Lady's Ward transition and Fat Candle tavern thing, there's bridges, the Gray Waste portal is below the bridge in the muddy ditch.

And welcome to the server!
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

Thanks alot for the clarification and welcome!
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Mr_Otyugh,Jul 26 2017 wrote: usually during peak hours there's one out there.
Follow up question: When are "Peak Hours"?

ALSO: Welcome aboard, konst3d!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Don't know about US peak hours, but EU peak hours are approximately gmt+0, 7pm to 10pm. When EU players are out of work during the evening, and have a chance to meet some of the US players.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Mr_Otyugh,Jul 26 2017 wrote: Don't know about US peak hours, but EU peak hours are approximately gmt+0, 7pm to 10pm. When EU players are out of work during the evening, and have a chance to meet some of the US players.
US Peak hours tend to be around 7pm-10pm in the US time zones. Some of the players who tend to stay up later or who are students in the US (school's out for Summer) may be online during times when EU players are online. But most folks in the USA tend to work a 8-10 hour work day, for the most part.
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

Are there any merchants that buy scrolls?
I have a lot of low level scrolls, any way to turn it into some money? :)

Edit\add:
Does builds like paladin\death knight are allowed on the server?
*HeyaItsBunny

Posted by *HeyaItsBunny »

Minerva, in the Bazaar, will buy your scrolls for a maximum of 50 gp. And there is no build rules on the server. If you can do it mechanically, you can do it.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Though it's good to understand that some classes, like paladin, do lose their spells and non-passive abilities if they don't fit their alignment requirements.
*konst3d

Posted by *konst3d »

Ok, from this point of view Blackguards become more attractive. :)
BTW, are there any NPC merchants that will buy things from player for more than 300gp?