Hello From Fresh Meat!

*yhposolihP

Posted by *yhposolihP »

Hello! Newbie here.

Wanted to make a post just to say how awesome of a first impression I had last night. Another player (FaeFae) and I mainly stuck to NWN1 for years and years and years, and seeing what Sigil had to offer made us really want to try it out. The people we met were awesome, the places we saw were fantastic, and the RP was a blast. You will be seeing a lot more of Blackhair and Naz in the future!

Few questions!

1. RP buddy wants to play a variant of a Yugoloth, but sadly, it isn't a race that is physically present in the character creation. We were told that if that were the case we could just take something close-ish to it and then RP as the thing we wanna be, but I wanted to post to make sure that was legitimate!

2. Other characters of ours are Kossuthians, and FaeFae wants to RP out a Kossuthian cleric. Is there anything like holy symbols or bits of deity equipment scattered about anywhere? For flavor reasons. If not, we are aware of the handy-dandy rename tool for things.

Thank you! Looking forward to more fun in the future.
:beer:
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Welcome to the server!

I think we have Arcanaloths under the Outsider race category. Would that be close enough to what you companion is looking for?
*yhposolihP

Posted by *yhposolihP »

Sadly, it would not. The thing she wants the character to be is a Nycaloth, which is less Fox-Headed-Thing and more... Well. This.
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fo ... 0606192949

More mercantile-focused and physically strong than an Arcanaloth. And her build is gearing toward Cleric, so she's looking for something that would help her in the stat department while also not straying too far away from what she is.

And thank you!
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

Oh more people! Hello!

1. As I've always heard, it should be within reason to rp without major stretches. As far as I know anyhow, it is because we don't support every single possible race that could be out in the multiverse (Either due to model or the shear number). The Arcanaloth is our only playable yugoloth sadly.

2. There could be a few fire/Kossuth themed items out there that drop, maybe a few from the campaigns. Probably weapons now that I think of it. There is also the random item drop scripty thingy that randomly makes up short paragraph on the item's background. Example being "So and so from X Prime of Y God made this item after Z event happened."

Welcome again, and do hope you two enjoy it here!
*yhposolihP

Posted by *yhposolihP »

I should clarify that the character in question is a Half-Nycaloth thing rather than Full-Nycaloth thing, also.

And that's helpful! Nice to know that there could be Kossuth merch floating around for fun and flavor. I will assume a hunting in the Fire Plane is in the not-so-distant future.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
*witchinghour

There is the half-outsider template class. Though the half yugoloth type option is given to those that are neutral evil. Since the alignments for certain template races lock them in, rping the alignment actually wanted wouldn't be an enormous stretch to do either.
*FaeFae

Posted by *FaeFae »

Hello!

Thank you all very much for your responses thus far. I am the friend of yhpos and I thought to clarify what I am looking for, to see if anyone knows the best way to execute it while being true to the premise of the server.

While this foray into Neverwinter Nights 2 is new for us, we have played these characters for a time and wish to continue their adventures anew. The concepts themselves are what we are seeking to preserve, though - understandably, most of the backstory exploits won't be brought over in terms of the grandiose to maintain the setting and not conflict with the server-centric timeline.

The character is a half-nycaloth mercenary who became a devout follower of Kossuth, and then a priestess when her ambition was rewarded. She favors the Neutral Evil aspects of Kossuth's neutral alignment and would likely fit well combining the dogma of Kossuth with the ethos of the Takers.

I had looked into the half-outsider template class and saw that it is 6 levels, with 2 additional that will constitute for ECL. It is somewhat painful in that I was aiming to do a primary caster. With Practiced Spellcaster that can bring it to 2/2, so that is a consideration. I had inquired with another player and they suggested I take Tanar'ri and advance as a Favored Soul, and write instead that she is descended from the Nycaloth since the prestige classes allow the Neutral Evil alignment and have caster progression. I had wondered if this was viable since I come from settings that are far more strict regarding what the sheet says.

I suppose my indecisiveness comes from the sheer amount of options. It is absolutely amazing and we're really excited to dive in. Just looking for the general consensus before locking in a character as we'd like to do right by the region. :)
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Hello and welcome! and yes, we're pretty lenient when to comes to Your Roleplay sheet and if you find that to be a better option, i'd say go for it.
*witchinghour

If we have the race, I think the better option would to be stay with said option. Then we'd have dragons rping as legitimate humans that are just super strong, instead of a dragon disguised as one. Buildwise, it'd be easier as a succubus, but we do actually have the option with half outside (as painful as the template is), which would technically eliminate the need to use another race to replace a previous unsupported one.